Bandsaw and Planer/thicknesser up for grabs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter100

Reaction score
I'm moving house and don't need my Dewalt Bandsaw BS1310 and Planer/thicknesser DW1150. They're old, working and very little used, need repainting and a bit of TLC. Whoever can collect them soon, can have them. I've only just joined this website in order to give away these items but find I cannot post on the 'for sale' board.

The bandsaw comes with accessories: rip fence; mitre fence; depth stop; a few rusty used/unused blades of various depths. Blade guides need attention. The base, if wanted, is a way-too-strong softwood structure.

The planer/thicknesser has its own metal legs. The NVR switch needs replacing (about £12) after I walked into the red mushroom switch and this was enough to break a very flimsy plastic switch inside the unit. Blades are sharp. A PDF instruction manual I found online is attached - not it's not, 'the extension pdf is not allowed'!

Hope I'm not abusing this website and that someone can give one or both a good home. Items are as you find them, no guarantees given and items will not be accepted back.

Hi Peter

I'm interested, and am in Bristol so not too far from you. Could you PM me your details please?

Thanks

Just click the PM button at the bottom of the message box.

Or you could email me by clicking the email button.

Thanks.

Fergal":gy38xl22 said:
Just click the PM button at the bottom of the message box.

Or you could email me by clicking the email button.

I think I have to make several posts before I am allowed to use the PM facility. Can't see a PM or email button yet.

should do now after 3 posts. if not, fergal can just pm you which may be easier

An AMAZING gesture considering I paid £450 for my DW1150 almost 2 years ago now.

@ Peter100 - could you possibly help me with adjusting the planer bed? (I've not actually been able to use the planing bed yet as the beds were not aligned properly and the manual is quite vague in what some of the adjusters do, the main ones are obvious, but I can't seem to fine tune it so it's aligned across the whole width).

Latest posts

Back