Band cramps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a few of the Axminster band cramps...is there any particular way to pass the end of the cramp through the slot in the roller thingie so that when you pull on both the release ratchets it will come undone?..easily :twisted: - Rob

I'm guessing these work the same as luggage lashings that i use on the roof rack. Took me a while to realise the process to release them easily. The main lever that you tighten with has a ratchet. release that and move the lever to a comfortable position where you can add more tension. let go of the ratchet release and tighten the strap a bit more by moving the main lever - but not enought to click the ratchet another notch. That will release pressure from the second ratchet latch on the body of the unit so you can now release that one easily and hold it back. Now when you lower the tensioning lever you will be releasing tension in the strap. Once the tension is low you can hold back the latch on the lever as well as the one on the body and simply pull the whole thing free.

Easy to do but hard to explain. This is where you tell me it is completely different to that :)

With respect RobertMP that was not the query.
is there any particular way to pass the end of the cramp through the slot in the roller thingie so that when you pull on both the release ratchets it will come undone?..easily
The way I do it is to hold the ratchet in the left hand with the attached strap to the left and the ratchet handle at the top. With the ratchet handle in the closed position feed the loose end through the slot from the bottom so the the end comes UP through the slot and pull until the strap is tightish around the job to be clamped. then use the ratchet to do final tightening. To release do as Robert suggests.
Hope this makes sense
John

Back