Balanced Diet?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
I like baked beans as do most folk I suspect, but every time I open a tin (such as today for a snack at lunch time) I'm reminded of a snippet I read in a paper aeons ago (some time in the 70's :shock: ) about a lad who lived on nothing but beans on toast (with butter, wholemeal bread possibly) and only drank milk. Naturally enough, his mum was very worried and took him to the docs and I remember that the medical opinion at the time was that the boy was getting a complete and balanced diet just from beans on toast, three times a day :shock: with a glass of milk to wash it down. Is this possible, or has medical and nutritional opinion altered in the intervening 30 odd years :? Would be interested to hear your views - Rob

I've always reckoned that if you make your diet 75% fruit, vegetables and green stuff and 25% all the other stuff, it will be about right.

All, of course, washed down with a double expresso and a grappa :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I don't know about baked beans on toast but do remember reading that an avocado was supposed to be the 'perfect' food as it contained carbohydrate, protein and fat in the exact proportions that we need.

But this little snippet didn't take into account that we are all different with some folks, like my wife, preferring a diet much much higher. Wonder if it ties into the three doshas that the Ayurvedic practitioners advise on?

Taffy Turner":2mlj8fqo said:
You have to feel sorry for anyone living in the same house a someone who eats nothing but beans - unless it is a very well ventilated house!!!!! :D :D :D

Taffy

As eloquently displayed in the film 'Blazing Saddles' :lol:

Back