Bad yandles And record Experience

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUNK_WALES

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys just a quick one to let you know about the poor service and lies that i had to put up with of record and yandles.

I ordered my record CL3 from yandles because they were one of the only dealers that actually had one in the country and the deal was right.

Upon ordering i was informed that my lathe would arrive with me within 3 days. 3 Days came and went so i phoned them they informed me that actually they did not have one in stock and in fact it was coming direct from record and was not in stock and it would proberbly now arise in january obviously i was furious so decided to cancel my order an our layer i had a call off yandles informing me they had made a mistake and that the lathe was actually now in stock and record now had it in stock and it would be with me in 3 days so i accepted this and continued with the order.

3 Days later still no lathe to cut a long story short my lathe finally arrived christmas eve after many more phone calls and lies off yandles.

If your ordering from this company be careful because they are useless

to put this in context I had a major issue with a scroll saw i bought from yandles (record again) earlier in the year and although the quality control on the saw sucked like a ten dollar Peach, the service from yandles was excellent , to the point where they gave me a load of wood (about 30 notes worth) free to apologise even tho the problems werent really their fault.

the key i find with yandles is if at all possible to deal with the main man lee , as they have one guy who works in the shop who is a total utter muppet , and the girls who answer the phones are very nice but no use what so ever because they dont actually know anything.

overall I would say that they dont live up to the exemplary customer service set by workshop heaven or axminster , but nor are they down in the dingy dark depths of poor service occupied by the likes of lyndhurst and rutlands

So to paraphrase...They are all pretty useless except the main man and if you are luckily enough to deal with him everything will probably be fine.

Not really the way to run a company but it's only one mans experience and may well be a rare occurance.

i've had one dealing with yandles (this year) it was awfull- rude- couldint care less- poor attitude. left me £125 out of pocket!!! never again.

12 years ago I purchased a CL3 together with an Elektra Beckum 315S and a Record 1500DX dust extractor plus many smaller items from Yandles..

The service was First Class and certainly could not be complained about!

There are always the exceptions, it is just unfortunate that some have poor experiences.

May I quote from another forum where a supplier was being slagged off in public?

(Quote) If the service received from myself (Name witheld) or any of my employees is not up to complete satisfaction then please take it up with me (the Managing Director/Owner).(Unquote)

Throwing dirty washing around in public can only lead to more dirt being flung, eventually leading to no-one achieving anything. IMO

I am not immune to having received dirty deals but I do not feel it is a requirement to thrash out my anger in public. A carefully worded letter very often brings swift and positive response, try it, it might work!

Hopefully we can read of the whole episode being rectified.

Regards, Peter.

A lot can change in 12 years Peter. You may think this is airing dirty washing. But if many customers are receiving bad service from a business then people need to know about that....

wizer":2064zyus said:
A lot can change in 12 years Peter. You may think this is airing dirty washing. But if many customers are receiving bad service from a business then people need to know about that....
:sign3:

I cant repeat what was said to me peter on this forum but as i said i was left £125 out of pocket and they didnt care a hooot

cornucopia":2b0wbsln said:
wizer":2b0wbsln said:
:sign3:

I cant repeat what was said to me peter on this forum but as i said i was left £125 out of pocket and they didnt care a hooot

wheras in my case (less than 6 months ago btw) i would have been left 120 notes out of pocket but they went above and beyond to force record to give me decent service and gave me wood as an apology even tho the problem wasnt their fault

like was said above there is always a variance of experience with every supplier

PeterBassett":3ty2hrsf said:
So to paraphrase...They are all pretty useless except the main man and if you are luckily enough to deal with him everything will probably be fine.

Not really the way to run a company but it's only one mans experience and may well be a rare occurance.

thats not really fair - in my experience with the exception of one muppet in the shop all the other staff are okay - the girls who answer the phones are just secretarial staff so while they arent able to deal with woodworking enquiries beyond relaying what they are told they are doing their job acceptably.

If you have a problem with any supplier it stands to reason that the main man is likely to be the one most able to resolve it , regardless of whether thats lee at yandles, richard at axminster, peter at toolpost, or mathhew at workshop heaven.

all supliers have problems but what sorts out the sheep from the goats is how they respond when problems occur, and in this regard ive never had a problem with yandles

the problem in my case , and by the sound of it quite possibly in that of the OP , was that record power were not being honest with yandles and thus they were passing on duff info/machinary in good faith

I have no experience of Yandles, but as a general comment, if you have to go to the "main man" at any supplier to get decent service that actually calls into question the management skills of the said "main man". If he was any use he would not be employing "muppets".

Back