B&Q 50% Off!!!!!!!!!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedmc571

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was in B&Q in Chester today having a nosey round, I was curious about the Trend hinge jig and wanted to see it in the flesh, ( the little one £35 ) I then notice a sign saying 50% off all powertool accessories? I ask the guy on the trade till, and he confirms that as long as you get 5 items you get 50% off, at a guess 30 seconds later my trolley is loaded with Trend accessories, HInge Jig, Dovetail 300 Jig, Door Lock Jig, 24" Clamp Guide, cuters, Collet Cleaning kit..................NEED I Go On?

£350 later, I walk to the till, and pay £171, I got a few quid discount, and I don't know what for? just as I'm about to leave, I get a call......."Hey mate" I'm mumbling"S**T, he's got this wrong" as I turn round he says "Don't forget your £15 voucher for spending over £100 today, it's valid from January 1st.............I walk out, cool as the proverbial, get in the car, and phone my Wife with excitement...................."yeah that's great Jed, can we go to Costco now" Women! no concept of toolage bargains.

Anyway now I've finished gloating, I'm not sure how long it's on, or if it's at any other stores? but it's worth checking, most of the items I couldn't have justified full price for, but at half price, it's worth getting skint over :lol:

get it done :D

even if just to top up your router cutters, can't sniff at half price, I wanted a worktop jig, but they had none, but I'll be at Trafford Park branch tomorrow, and leather the old visa :lol:

I was in yesterday, needed some metal 115mm cutting disks, price on shelf £3.14 each....pricey....notice 50% off so got 10....go to till got them for 80p each... not bad eh?

but I thought you had to buy 5 items the same ???

If what you said was right I'm going back as its cheaper than my trade store. If you have a trade card you also get that discount on top as well. B & poo are definately in trouble, may go the way of MFI & Woolies. MFI aren't paying their trade fitters at the moment and a few (on the Screwfix trade forum) are fighting for their money. I sub contract to a plumbing firm for B & Q bathrooms so I'm safe but he's reducing the work he takes on at the moment, and also negotiating percentage cash advances up front to cover costs/overheads.

Same in my B&Q went in at the weekend. Didn't need 5 things thou but did get 15% off which is ok!

Thanks for the tip , i thought it was 5 of the same items also ,, guess where im off tommorrow :lol: :lol:

If B&Poo are going under then there will be many bargains to be had , i have a friend who works for them so i will ring him in the morning to find out whats going on he may be able to give us a heads up 8)

What's going on is a recession, they have to sell stuff to make money, nobody's buying so they have to try harder, makes you wonder how much markup they have that they are able to sell on at 50% off, maybe they're loss leaders but I've just bought the twin drill/driver Makita set from them for £99 so I don't care!

Aidan

I went to the Sunderland branch on Sunday to get the Ryobi drill at half price,got the last one plus 15% discount from a voucher out of the Sun.Total of just over £38 ,paid a lot more than that for two batteries and a charger last year.Thought i had done well but not very happy when i tried the drill and it is siezed up ,so got to go back. :(

TheTiddles":10wekqay said:
What's going on is a recession, they have to sell stuff to make money, nobody's buying so they have to try harder, makes you wonder how much markup they have that they are able to sell on at 50% off, maybe they're loss leaders but I've just bought the twin drill/driver Makita set from them for £99 so I don't care!
Aidan

It's actually about market share - taking a long view. The choice is to try and make money now, and see customers go elsewhere possibly never to return, or to slash prices and take a loss for a short time just to keep the punters loyal so that when things pick up they'll still be there and spending.

Also remember that your inventory counts towards your capital in regards to taxation. I know that where my wife works they try to run down the inventory and then put purchase orders in for a load more just before the accounting period ends. That way they do not get charged tax on the inventory, and they offset the purchase orders against the bank balance.

I am not sure exacvtly how it works, but there are a whole bunch of things you can do if you are clever to cut the tax paid.

Not a bargain in site at the Belvedere Warehouse.

I tried to get some dewalt nails for my nailer and a 110volt extension cable but they wouldn't play ball.

So I kicked up and they offered 10% discount.

Apparently these items are not powertool accessories So I walked out.

This is different from the old Bosch accessory 'buy five of the same item and get 50% off" offer they have been running for ages, right?

Nothing in Belvedere, Wizer, is likely to mean nothing in Greenwich or OKR :(

i might be in Charlton at the weekend, I'll check there.

Went again today :D (just got a good bonus at work )

! X Trend 50 clamp Guide
1 X Trend Hinge Template ( again )
1 X Router Cutter
1 x Marcrist 8mm Diamond Drill
1 X Bosch 35mm Hinge

£70 I'm happy with that, and another £5 Voucher for spending over £50

I tried getting some Dremell bits, but they're not included? I did try to reason with them that technicaly it's an "Accessory" but if it's not on the computer pre discounted, you can't have it.

A Question.............Are "T-Tech" the B grade kit from Trend? or just the name for the items they sell at B&Q, I notice they sell normally badged Trade cutters as well?

Cheers

Jed

I called into the Norwich branch this evening and it was indeed confusing.

I didn't see anything I really needed, the trend dovetail jig was in the accessories section but it seems hard to think of this as an accessory. There were other jigs there as well.

In general I thought the router and drill bits were very expensive and wondered if this was why they could discount them by half?

I left empty handed but was told that this offer would be around for sometime.

Tony.

t=tech are the cheap stuff trend turn out
stay clear if you want decent router stuff

I checked yesterday and this offer only applies to the Bosch accesssories, although the staff were at a loss to explain why that wasn't mentioned anywhere on the signs.

Alan

> I got a few quid discount, and I don't know what for?

Probably the VAT reduction.

Has anyone else noticed that Focus don't seem to be passing on the VAT cut? A sign at my local said that price labels were being changed and "you might be charged less at check out". The price labels on some padlocks seemed to be quite old and were for 11.99 and 15.99. Was charged that at the till and the reciept said price includes 15% VAT.

Back