Axminster SBW4300 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jake
I had a good look at all the 12 inch bandsaws on the market-none of the usual suspects (i.e. Record, Scheppach, EB, clones, etc) are close in buid quality. This one is an Industrial rated machine, and is built like it, too! For the price it's a real bargain. 8)
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly,

I have been looking at the Axminster Plus myself. I have no experience of bandsaws and it will be my first. I was a bit concerned that I was 'going over the top' spending that much on a bandsaw but there doesn't seem any point in buying a cheaper/inferior one just to change it later on.

I hadn't considered a wheely base until now but I can see it would be very useful. Unfortunately, with the saw being 1880 high, I am getting close to the roof of my workshop. Would you be so kind as to measure your setup and tell me what the overall height of the saw is when it's on the base.

Cheers

Stonebas

Bas
Adds about 25/30 mm to the overall height. It was fun getting the saw in through the garage door as it come on a pallet. :wink:
Cheers

Philly":27r8npwm said:
Hi Folks,
Yes, I know what your're thinking-It's that Philly Gloating again! :roll:
Sadly-yes. :lol:
I have had a new bandsaw delivered. My previous bandsaw, a Record, has served me well but it's 8 inch depth of cut was sometimes a pain. You know how it is-every board you pick up is 1 inch wider than your machines capacity. Well my new machine (which will probably find me buying 13 inch boards) has a 12 inch depth of cut. It is an Axminster Plus SBW4300. I have placed a little review on my website here.
I have spent some time checking out the 12 inch saws on the market and was most impressed with this one (especially at the price! :shock: ) Axminster delivered the saw on time and without drama (thank you Mr Delivery Man) and it only took 30 minutes or so to de-grease it and fit the table and fence. I have some new blades on the way (should be here tomorrow) so when I can fit those I will give it a thorough testing. It came with a 1/2 inch blade which was o.k., but you know the blades they fit to the machine. :wink:
3.jpg

Oh, and as you can see, I have'nt moved yet. Yes, the workshop is a MESS! :lol:
Cheers

Philly an old post of yours, but I need to know if you removed the two metal rings on the top of your bandsaw that can be used to carry the saw with a wreaker (I think they call it)? It does not mention removing them in the manual, and I see no reason why they should not be left as they are, but I thought that I would check just in case :D

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike
No, not removed them - they could come in handy one day, so left them.
How are you getting on with yours? Having fun?
Best regards

Philly":2xebttut said:
Hi Mike
No, not removed them - they could come in handy one day, so left them.
How are you getting on with yours? Having fun?
Best regards

I thought so mate.

Yeah I am getting along fine, I am now ready to degrease the top :lol:

Cheers

Mike

TrimTheKing":2t5paobf said:
Left it there on mine too, no reason not too that I can think of. Great beast, you should get along famously.

It's taken a while to put it together because I have been taking photos and notes at each stage for a review, but yes I can see me getting along just fine with this beast :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Latest posts

Back