AXMINSTER PLUS SBW4300WL BANDSAW???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaco

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a quicky does anyone own or used a AXMINSTER PLUS SBW4300WL BANDSAW I have the chance of one but I know nothing much about it it's second hand anything in particular to look out for etc?

Any help really appreciated... :wink:

Snatch his arm off if it's the right price, I think they changed the model at some point a year or two back, upgraded the guides to bearing, and put a full width cast table on it (goes to the frame) the wheels might have been cast alloy not iron. I have a clone by europac and am thrilled with it and several here own one and no doubt will respond accordingly. I think Philly has some pics on his website.

Cheers Alan

seaco":1o29kukv said:
Just a quicky does anyone own or used a AXMINSTER PLUS SBW4300WL BANDSAW .............

I do now :lol: \:D/ :lol: \:D/ :lol: \:D/ :lol: \:D/

Can you tell I'm pleased? can you? can you?

MarkW":rmhcalp5 said:
seaco":rmhcalp5 said:
Just a quicky does anyone own or used a AXMINSTER PLUS SBW4300WL BANDSAW .............

I do now :lol: \:D/ :lol: \:D/ :lol: \:D/ :lol: \:D/

Can you tell I'm pleased? can you? can you?

Yep that's the one I was looking at but due to living in Somerset it wasn't so easy to get there, I hope all goes well for you I'll have to keep looking for one a bit nearer home. I will go to Axminster in the next few days to check one out...

Lee,
3 of these went a couple of weeks ago from Axminster on Ebay. All customer returns and none of them looked any worse for wear (I think one had a dented door - no biggie) the dearest one went for £450 with standard heavy delivery available. Considering your location I'm surprised you didn't go for one of them. You could maybe hold on till another comes along, you're near enough to pop down and have a look at it before bidding, something I couldn't do.

Hi Mark

I didn't see them mate, I have a large bandsaw an Elektra Beckum 450 but it's an old beast 1982 I bought it second hand locally for £125 about a year ago it's probably as large as the Axminster but I've never been able to keep it reliable the blade keeps moving to either the back or the front of the wheel it rarely stays in line for a whole session?

I have tried adjusting the top and bottom wheel without any success... :cry:

I don't have anyone around that I could ask whats wrong I think it needs looking at, maybe it could be repaired?

I think I may ask the forum what could be wrong...

Sounds like wheel bearings or worn out tyres - as I understand it if they're flattened it's a pipper to make the blade run true.

I have changed the bearings but not the tyres I doubt I'll get the original replacements but if I get a size maybe others would fit?

I will take a few pics and put them on a new thread to see if I can get anywhere with it... it's a bit of a 200kg paperweight at the moment... :oops:

Lee, check the tyres, they should be slightly convex. If they have worn with a hollow and are now concave that will cause this problem. If there is enough meat on the tyre you can reshape them. Sandpaper on a pad will work.

Hope this helps

Keith

Back