Axminster Machinery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
I have ben looking at 2nd hand machinery, top of my list are a table/bench saw and a planer/thicknesser, I have just looked at the Axminster ebay shop and they have for sale an Axminster AW106PT Planer Thicknesser Used 240V and an Axminster AW10BSB2 Sliding Table Saw Bench 240V.

Both items are returns and they are in the price range I can afford (as long as nobody bids too high), so the question is has anyone got any of this machinery or does anyone know of anybody with Axminster machines, how good are they, would you reccommend their kit and so on.

The machinery I have got is far too small and can't cope with larger pieces of hardwood.

TIA Martin

Most Axminster stuff is reasonably good chinese stuff. Generally quite adequate for what it is and Axminsters back up is better than most IMHO. I wouldn't have too many worries. Regards Andy

You won't go wrong the axminster kit. However, if they are returns, check to see if they come with a warranty, just in case there is something seriuously wrong with them. Having said that, Axminster are a top notch company and they have the best customer service I have ever dealt with, so I can't really see them selling duff kit, even if it is through the bay.

Thanks for the replies Andy, Davy & Simon, all good so far.

Tony's saw looks good & would fit nicely in my Garage/workshop.

Most things are made in China these days, lets hope it's as good as their food :D

There is no warranty Simon as the machine have been used but thats no different from buying second hand machinery off ebay, Like you say Axminster provide a good service, besides, my day job is fixing machinery and shouldn't find it too dificult if something was wrong.

Many thanks for the replies

Martin

Hmmm. Ad says no warrantee

Collect only - so add £50 - £60 for a courier pallet collect

New P/T machine is £458 +£45 del

Blades may also need sharpening

Back