Axminster Dust Extractor WV1000P

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilricketts

Established Member
Reaction score
Hiya, I am thinking of buying this Dust Extractor http://www.axminster.co.uk/category-Vac ... 793841.htm Do any of you know if it would suitable for connecting up to the big 18" Charnwood Bandsaw or is it underpowered has i fear it might be although axminster do claim that it is suitable for bandsaws and planer thicknessers. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers Neil

Hi Neil,
I've no experience of this one, but I have the ADE1200 which my entire extraction system is running off and I can't rate it highly enough. It's more or less the same price as the WV1000P, only thing is it would take up a bit more room. TBH looking at the specs, it looks like the WV1000P would do the job with your bandsaw. HTH :D
Dave

Sorry to the OP for hijacking his thread, but can I ask DangerousDave a quick question.

I to have the ADE1200 and in the process of plumbing it in, to reach my BS I need to run ducting up one wall, across the ceiling and down the other wall to the machine (approx 10 metres), has the ADE1200 enough sucktion to handle this run?

Regards Gary

I have the wv100 and it works great on my bandsaw and my planer.
made for axminster my yorkleen ltd ,try their site you may get a deal.

Railwayman":1ss7gylz said:
Sorry to the OP for hijacking his thread, but can I ask DangerousDave a quick question.

I to have the ADE1200 and in the process of plumbing it in, to reach my BS I need to run ducting up one wall, across the ceiling and down the other wall to the machine (approx 10 metres), has the ADE1200 enough sucktion to handle this run?

Regards Gary

Hi Gary, I have the ADE1200 plumbed into a 63mm system. I've run mine along 1 wall for jointer and thicknesser and up across the ceiling to TS, bandsaw and router fence on the other side of the shop;
3063327857_cdf77f0cf5.jpg

3063327849_1bb9a0f5a4.jpg

It works a treat, the ADE1200 has more than enough suction no probs at all. The only thing you'll have to do is remove the metal grill thing that covers the hole going to the impeller (it's at the top of the black flexible pipe under the motor). If you don't do this it gets blocked at this point when planing/thicknessing. I used a metal cutting blade in a jigsaw, twas a bit fiddly. HTH :)

Back