• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Axminster discounts ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

flanajb

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering whether UKWorkshop have ever tried to negotiate a 10% discount with Axminster for members?

I am a member of a cycling club and we get discount from a number of stores.

I do have a vested interest here as I am always contemplating upgrading my saw and planer for a new saw / spindle and planer setup. Having just added the goodies to my shopping cart, the grand total adds up to £5,600 :-(

Thanks

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
:shock:

I would ask for 20% and drop some names like D&M / Rutlands etc , no harm in trying and push for FREE delivery :wink:

JakeS

Established Member
Reaction score
flanajb":3kyokca7 said:
I am a member of a cycling club and we get discount from a number of stores.
The two things that come to mind are:

- Your cycling club is probably subscription-based, meaning that it's not trivial for any old bloke on the Internet to spend no real effort getting a 10% discount at the shop/s in question.

- Shops offer discounts for local clubs in order to get members to shop there preferentially, but it seems that to a large degree this already happens at Axminster without them offering any discount at all! ;-)

Not to say that it's not worth asking, but I expect that the answer will probably be 'no'...

flanajb

Established Member
Reaction score
JakeS":1cokr98e said:
Shops offer discounts for local clubs in order to get members to shop there preferentially, but it seems that to a large degree this already happens at Axminster without them offering any discount at all! ;-)
Maybe the powers at be who run this web site should negotiate a deal with Axminster for members. I would happily pay an annual fee for a subscription if the membership gave me a 10% discount off Axminster and other supplier web sites.