axminster clear out

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When is this ? You are the second post to mention it . I get regular emails from Axi with special offers ets but no mention of this.

next weekend but it is only on saturday from 9.00am to 12.00 .....yes i would like to know what is also on offer before i set out ....i got the mail from Axi but all it said that items would be returns, old stock ...as they need to move them all before the 2013 catalogue comes out
i am going to drop an email to them to see if they can enlighten a bit more .........maybe back on with an update :D
Dave

sent email but still waiting a reply ....this may take some time as it is Saturday :D

Any one live close and could pop in and ask them and then post :wink:

Dave

I remember Axminster selling a few crates of clear-out items on ebay, maybe about 2 years ago. They were all catalogue returns, faulty, incomplete, damaged in transit etc. Within a few weeks the buyer was listing dozens of the items on ebay, many of them in working order (so he said). Sounds like a bargain way to buy. If they're having a clear-out sale though, perhaps they don't offer crates of tools any more.
Still, if they are end-of-range goods rather than catalogue returns then there could be bargains to be had.

On a similar note, Machine Mart are advertising one of their VAT free periods. Normally it's one day but this time it's from 9th to 19th November, and available in store, by telephone or online. You download their email which contains a code number, and you can only use the code once so you have to buy all you need in one go. If anyone can't get a code then PM me and I'll send you mine as I won't be needing it this time. Just be careful what you buy from there - they sell lots of Clarke ( !! ) stuff.

I think I shall post this bit in a new entry so it gets seen by more members.

K

Well I'm livid!!!

At 12pm today I placed an order for £2400 worth of stuff at Axminster (Spoke to them on the phone regarding delivery too).

3 items I ordered are on the list; cast router table, chip extractor and Axy 106PT2 p/t. The saving on the list adds up to at least £350!!

I am on Axy's email list (well I get bombarded with rubbish offers all the time) but didn't get this one!!

No-one mentioned anything when I spoke to them on the phone! I would be quite happy to drive to Wycombe tomorrow.

I thought that after I posted.

I could still drive to Devon and back in my super frugal diesel car for a lot less than £350!!

Sometimes ignorance is bliss!!!!

Pond":2q7w6265 said:
I thought that after I posted.

I could still drive to Devon and back in my super frugal diesel car for a lot less than £350!!

Sometimes ignorance is bliss!!!!
lol :D
I was that way last week end and in the Axi shop no mention of this sale until i found it on here also emailed Axi to ask what was in sale to see if i could afford a trip as i need a few items lol
but i have to come here to find out lol .... #-o

Well did any one go :?:

and if you did was there some good offers :D

and what did you buy :D

Dave

when I purchased a kity planer/thicknesser off them a few years back, after receiving goods a week or two later promotional leaflet arrived with the planer I had recently purchased heavily marked down in price as it turned out to be the last of that particular model, a quick phone call to axminster to complain that I wasn't particular happy and if they had mentioned when ordering it was going to be reduced I would have waited to make my purchase they very kindly offered me a refund of the discount

Latest posts

Back