Axminster Chuck set help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, new to site, so here goes. :D

I live in Lanzarote and am a woodturner here, I sell pieces on the Tourist markets mainly, but also via my web site.

Anyway,

Does anyone have an opinion on, or own this Axminster Chuck set...........http://www.axminster.co.uk/product.asp? ... e=1&jump=0. :?:

I am considering buying one for small stuff, Goblets, spinning tops, small bowls etc.

Any advice/info good or bad would be much appreciated. I am unable to buy any woodturning items on the Island, so need to use a UK. company.

Thank you :eek:ccasion5:

oops................what " REPORT TO MODERATOR". have I boobied already, if so then sorry :oops:

Hi Leo

you should be OK with this , I have a few of the bigger brother Super precision chucks and have no complaints

Don't over work it though :wink:

Thank Blister,

I am just a bit worried that it will not be up to the job,I am looking at this one and the K10 ( 100mm ) + jaw set.

Still undecided....................but i am like that anyway.

Leo

Sorry that I have been away so long, but lost this site somehow. Must be my age.

Anyway, I went for the Axminster Chuck set and within a couple of months, it is useless, worn out the key tightening bit.

I was offered another with 25% off, but what would I do with another flawed Chuck. All I wanted was new key parts, but no spares at Axminster, so I bought a dud and it looks like no help will be coming my way.

I MUST from now on only buy from good suppliers, who can/will help if there is a product flaw.

Lesson learned.

Rant over !! ??

Opps

Looks like you over worked the chuck

It does say on the axminster site " this little chuck is sure to prove popular with turners of small scale and miniature "

Axminster are good suppliers most people have no problems

Blister,

I understand what you mean, I just can't believe that they can't help with spares and that the Chuck ( I know it said not to over work it, on their site ) but it should say that it is for very gently holding balsa wood.

I agree that they are a good supplier, but aftersales is the main problem I have. For the sake of a couple of spares, that I can't get, my Chuck is useless to me.

Companies that will go that extra mile to help, seem to have vanished.

BTW. does anyone know how to get spares for Chucks ???

Hi everyone,

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and I'm pleased to say this has now resloved. A new chuck will be leaving Axminster today bound for Lanzatote!

Richard,

I can not tell you how grateful I am for your help on this. I was getting nowhere via e-mail and as you noticed getting frustrated by it all.

Your help has restored my faith in Axminster, who I have used many times before, the delivery is good, which is difficult over here.

Maybe I should have mentioned the warranty too, but never gave it a thought.

You went the extra mile for me, which I needed, so again, thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

Leo

=D>

Well done Leo ! and Karma to Axminster - why cannot all suppliers be as helpful ?

Laurence

Loz,

Well done Richard, he's da MAN............................. =D> =D>

Latest posts

Back