Axminster AWSMS 102 Mitre saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starcott

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been considering buying one of these sliding mitre saws:

Axminster AWSMS 102 with a cutting capacity of 90 by 305, an 80T TCT blade and a weight of 18 KG.

The specifications meet all my needs for home/hobby use, but I need it to be accurate.

Of the 6 reviews on the Axminster web site, 3 rate it as good value but the other 3 give it a poor rating.

Axminster claim this saw to be its best selling mitre saw, so I am hoping some comments from more users.

It sells for about £160.

Thank you.

John

Mine is now over 5 years old and I have no complaints, made my own saw bench platform on infeed side and use the iron supports on outfeed.
To get the accuracy you need the platform and then set up stop blocks if cutting multiple pieces of the same length.
The CMT blade that came with mine could not be better.

Mine was one of the reviews, and as I stated it is a good saw but the blade on mine was terrible, it wouldn't cut through 6x2 softwood without burning and buckling. I've now got a blade on it from cutting solutions and the saw works perfectly well, I didn't have to touch the fence as mine was accurate straight out the box. I've used it a lot recently and it is doing fine so far.

Back