Axminster AW12BSB2 saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moorebens

Reaction score
Hello,
Im in the market to buy a table saw but I just cant make up my mind.
What is everyones experience of the axminster AW10BSB2 and the 12 are they any good.
I assume they are made somwhere in asia, which isnt a problem as long as there good.
I looked at the kity 619 saw a few weeks ago at the d&m tool show and it compared with the AW10 but the build quality was a bit shoddy.
But for 1200 quid can I only expect shoddy?
The thing is, is it naieve to pay £1200 for as saw and expect it to be high quality? or is it more sensible to borrow a bit of cash and spend more like £2000?
Im sure ive read somewhere that axminster have 10 and 20% days is this just an urban myth? or should I wait?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Regards
Ben

I purchased the AW10 after reading good reviews, It's a very good saw & cuts everything with ease, I also ordered the extension table which I find very useful. AW12 allows you to rip thicker timber, Save your self the money for further machinery and buy the AW10 or AW12.

I have the aw10 and its very good. The fence is the best stock fence I have ever used. I went with 10 as it saved me upgrading the electrics and if I need the extra ripping depth I would just use the bandsaw but I never have.

Assembling and setting up the sliding table was testing but I got there.

I bought a second hand 10 for about £600 and thought it was great for the money. I did upgrade to a Sedgwick TA315 afterwards though as I wanted somthing a little less 'plasticy'.. I will never change the Sedgwick.

If you are spending £1000 + you can get a saw that will last a lifetime, an Axminster aw10 probably wont last that long!

I'm not the most experienced person to comment but I've got the 12 and I love it. As Hudson C. says the fence is solid and microadjustable on a scale, there's plenty of power [4 horse power] and a full 4" depth of cut.
Once set up the slide produces consistent accuracy. The only real downside I've found is the plastic bristol levers are rubbish.

Yes the bristol levers for the sliding fence snapped. I had them send me more out but I have just put bolts in. Its not often I need to adjust the slider. As for a plasticly feel I don't really see it. The saw top extension tables and sliding table is cast iron. Out feed is steel. Only plastic parts are the crank handles but there a solid plastic, bristol levers, end caps and a bit of the fence which I thought would have warn by now but hasn't.

I have had it just under 3 years now and other than replacing the bristol levers (which only adjust the sliding table runner) and a metal clamp that broke (now replaced) its as good as the day I bought it. Its used 6 days a week. I can't confirm that it will last a good while but its lasting for me in a professional manor.

Await the my TS as died thread now I have said the above.

Back