AW10BSB2 size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdeacon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I've ordered an Axminster AW10BSB2 table saw. While the guy from Axminster was on the phone telling me there would be a delivery delay :roll: , I asked about the crate dimension. The guy said that the narrowest crate side was 84 cm (33 in). That'll just about squeeze through my front door but not through any of the other doors or halls, nor will it go down the alley at the back.

If that dimension is correct, I guess I'll have to unpack in the hall and then take the components through one by one.

Does any remember the size of the crate, and whether they had trouble getting it through to the workshop?

And is anyone who owns an AW10BSB2 able to say what the actual table size is without the rear or side extensions, please? I'm getting paranoid now.

Panic over. He's called back. He'd given me the crate's widest dimension. The smallest dimension is 25 inches.

And he's brought the delivery date forward. It's now within the promised 10 days. Phew.

I've just measured mine. Without all the add-on bits it's 560 wide, 800 long and 867 high, and from memory it weighs 150kg.

John

That was an exhausting day. The AW10BSB2 arrived from Axminster. I've spent just about all day moving it in to the workshop and setting it up. No mean feat for one lone person who won't see 60 again. The driver lifted it over the step at the start of the path and brought it to the front door (which is better than the last monster which was a metalworking lathe that the driver just dumped on the street pavement). I then had to move the AW10 12 metres and over three steps.

The parts list's nuts and bolts bore no resemblance to what was in the box. But then I spotted a second version of the manual with a much closer match. The only real head scratcher was figuring which legs were which and which way up they went. All the "leftover" parts were eventually figured out.

I don't think I'll use the rear extension shelf as it tends to stop sleds travelling all the way. And, as others have noted, the riving knife is just silly - a lot taller than the blade. It must tempt a few people to dispense with it. I'll make shorter version for blind cuts.

It's very solid (and heavy - ibuprofen and a bath I think). It works fine on a 13A supply using a 16A to 13A adaptor; I didn't want to cut the plug off, as I'm still promising myself a welder and a 16A supply one day. I haven't cut much but it looked clean and right.

I'm happy.

[Later:] Oh, and the throat plate is very thin. It looks like making other inserts might be tricky.

Back