Availability of the B&Q HVLP Sprayer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulH

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the B&Q HVLP sprayer is still available (see here)? The reason I ask is that I've tried several B&Q warehouse stores in Northern Ireland and none of them can find anything similar. (They did indicate that they used to stock them....)

Thanks,
Paul.

Paul
They still sell them at my local B+Q Warehouse (although with a different box to my old one). Branch is Poole, Dorset if that helps.
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly,

I don't suppose you have the "new" model number or anything else that I could quote to local B&Q staff to see if they can find it on their computer system?

Thanks,
Paul.

PaulH":2a8wlkc0 said:
Philly,

I don't suppose you have the "new" model number or anything else that I could quote to local B&Q staff to see if they can find it on their computer system?

Thanks,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I picked one of these up today from a B&Q Warehouse in Farnborough (as part of my continuing saga to match a finish on some kitchen doors - see https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15302 - I'm convinced that the finish is sprayed on...)

Anyway, it's the "Performance Power HVLP Paint Kit", NLE550HVLP @ £49.98. It's identical to the one that Philly reviewed apart from the colour of the box (white instead of red).

The Farnborough branch had 3 on the shelf (and I had the added bonus of using one of their new self service check-outs - abit like what you get at checkins these days at airports - abit weird but it saved me queueing).

Cheers,
Martin.

EDIT: The barcode number (which might be more useful) is 0326 5673

Freetochat":3ovy7i97 said:
This may be a little off topic, but does anyone know of a book to guide a complete virgin sprayer?

I don't have any books on the subject, but found this after a quick google. Seems to be just the ticket for someone completely new to it like me.

Martin":36tvxs41 said:
Freetochat":36tvxs41 said:
This may be a little off topic, but does anyone know of a book to guide a complete virgin sprayer?

I don't have any books on the subject, but found this after a quick google. Seems to be just the ticket for someone completely new to it like me.

Thanks for the link.

I went to my local B&Q today to pick one of these up and the shelf with the barcode on was empty. I asked about getting one in and they told me that have discontinued this item.

There is the odd one in stock here and there and B&Q were quite helpful in tracking one down at a store 15 miles away, which I promptly drove to to buy the last one :D

Steve

Stix,

I got the same response from my local B&Q when I visited today with the bar code. Apparently there aren't any left in Northern Ireland, but I might try another store just in case....

Paul.

I bought one of these before Christmas (B&Q Warehouse, Edinburgh), but the last time I was in the shelves were clear. Pity they are discontinuing it as it is a great piece of kit for the money.

Back