Automatic cabinet doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I am currently planning to build a tv cabinet where the actual tv will rise up through the cabinet lid for viewing. I don't have any real issues building the cabinet (yet) but the introduction of an electric motor is new and was wondering does anyone have any advice on how to achieve this and what type of motor to install.

Thanks
John

Try a search, I think this has come up a few times previously. I believe such units can be bought for exactly that purpose.

Adam

hi John, welcome to the forum. If you do a search on Ebay for TV Lift you will find plenty but quite expensive. Have a look here for a cheaper DIY option.

John

Hi John and welcome

The best-known pop-up TV units are manufactured by a company called Auton in the good old US of A, and it may well be these that Hafele sells. It's worth looking at the OEM sire as there's a lot of stuff on there

Scrit

browsing the dark box in the corner earlier today, on itv there was a programme called 60minute makeover. they actually had one of these built into a fireplace. seems there is a uk company which now makes them.

sorry did not get a name, but sure itv website might well help.

paul :wink:

At a recent Daily Telegraph / Homes & Gardens exhibition there was a company selling sideboards, beds etc. with this feature. They also sold the lift/motor etc. separately.

I was aghast at the price, so I didn't take their name but they were an English company.

I was thinking of making a pulley mechanism, like sash windows, it would surely be cheaper!

The biggest Fergilli actuator (30" stroke, 150lbs lift) is £56.99, add a couple of full extension drawer slides and some woodwork and you are there. Seems cheap enough to me. Link in my earlier post.

John

Back