Auto Switch for dust extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one of these from eBay item number 121733639213 Connected my Planer Thickneser as Master and my Shop Vac as Slave.
When the Planer was turned on it started the Vac but when the Planer was switched off the Vac kept running so that dosnt work.
Powertools is this the one you have from B&Q product No 5015056506043
Thanks

bison1947":d67w62fs said:
Got one of these from eBay item number 121733639213 Connected my Planer Thickneser as Master and my Shop Vac as Slave.
When the Planer was turned on it started the Vac but when the Planer was switched off the Vac kept running so that dosnt work.
Powertools is this the one you have from B&Q product No 5015056506043
Thanks

Looking at the eBay listing there is a distinct lack of data. For example, is there a maximum load that you can take from the Slave? Looking at their suggested uses, I suspect that there may well be and that your Vac fried it. Send it back. It's duff.

Thanks for the reply this is the tech data on the box
Maximum Surge Energy = 375 Joules
Maximum Surge Current = 13,500 Amps
Clamping Voltage 775 Volts.
The adapter is still working ive even tried a couple of kitchen items and the same result Master switches slave on but does not switch slave off when master is switched off.

bison1947":1jb12281 said:
Thanks for the reply this is the tech data on the box
Maximum Surge Energy = 375 Joules
Maximum Surge Current = 13,500 Amps
Clamping Voltage 775 Volts.
The adapter is still working ive even tried a couple of kitchen items and the same result Master switches slave on but does not switch slave off when master is switched off.
Which items did you try? Apparently, if a slave device is a low power item they can stay on as the draw is too low to be detected and switched off.

It depends how technical you want to get. You could make your own using delay relays pretty cheaply. That would give the option of adjustable overrun . you could even have different delays for different machines and switch more than one extraction unit on. It would likely (I'd have to check to be certain on the cheaper ones, larger more expensive items certainly can) be able to handle much higher loads.

Thanks for the reply all i want one for is to use my vac with my Planer Thicknesser nothing fancy ,about delay relays wouldnt know where to start unless
i had plans to follow.

long shot: Does anyone know of an equivalent of the masterplug/intelliplug devices, but for european/franch plugs and sockets

jimmer":19qvz9we said:
long shot: Does anyone know of an equivalent of the masterplug/intelliplug devices, but for european/franch plugs and sockets

Can't answer your specific question but you can buy an adaptor that converts a 3 pin UK plug to a European plug.

Latest posts

Back