"Attractive" tool belt

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
You know how irritating it is to climb all the way up a ladder to cut a dovetail only to find you've not got that particular #64 with you for trimming the finished joint flush? I think Lee Valley might just have the answer for us all here. Them and their love of magnets, eh? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3qesoval said:
You know how irritating it is to climb all the way up a ladder to cut a dovetail only to find you've not got that particular #64 with you for trimming the finished joint flush? I think Lee Valley might just have the answer for us all here. Them and their love of magnets, eh? :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Ah - you can't fool me Alf....everyone knows the 64's a real butcher's block tool....as opposed to the more common 62... no one would use a 64 for joinery.... :roll: :roll:

Actually, I'm surprised no one's totalled up the value of the belt... 1 1/4 and 1 1/2" Preston shoulders, an infill panel, the unused 64, a 41, a Bailey #8, and a Birmingham....

BTW - those magnets really are strong - It takes two people to pull the planes off in a controlled manner...

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":2uolb3jo said:
...BTW - those magnets really are strong - It takes two people to pull the planes off in a controlled manner...

Cheers - Rob
Especially the tools from this belt...

Magnetictoolbelt-av.jpg

and i thought we would have gotten rid of all our old bse cow skins this way :lol: :lol: :lol:

so rob, if it takes two men to move the plane, how do you get it up the ladder, and is there any point?????? :lol: :lol:

am still concerned that a canadian company should be selling so many spare pucks onto the world market.

do you ship them by sea, and if so are you sure that you're not sending the boats round in circles by getting the magnets to near the centre of the boat. :? :?

yet another lee valley product that answers a question we have not yet asked, and it is only April 1st :lol: :lol:
paul :wink:

engineer one":4dmn5acy said:
and i thought we would have gotten rid of all our old bse cow skins this way :lol: :lol: :lol:

so rob, if it takes two men to move the plane, how do you get it up the ladder, and is there any point?????? :lol: :lol:

am still concerned that a canadian company should be selling so many spare pucks onto the world market.

do you ship them by sea, and if so are you sure that you're not sending the boats round in circles by getting the magnets to near the centre of the boat. :? :?

yet another lee valley product that answers a question we have not yet asked, and it is only April 1st :lol: :lol:

Quick answers...

Ladders aren't a problem...we use wood or aluminum over here... :roll:

Magnetic fields can be "controlled" when someting is stuck to the magnet...so if you put a steel plate on each puck before shipping, it's not an issue....well, at least until you try to take off the plate.... :shock:

Standard pucks (hockey type) are 3" in diameter, so the 2 3/8" are inappropriate in the first place...

Cheers -

Rob

ah so canadian pucks are smaller no wonder your olympuck team scores so often in the winter games :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

but what i was really asking was if it takes two men to release the plane when you are on the ground, how does the one man release it at the top of the ladder??????????????????? :p :p :p

nice to have a manufacturer who has a sense of "umour"

best wishes

The belt seems an interesting idea, but the thoughts of having the contents of my chisel rack jump towards me, metal parts first, aimed at my midsection.......

YIKES!!!

Ed :shock:

Back