At the carboot this week (What did you find)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsworth

Established Member
Reaction score
I generally go to the carboot every week if i can. I don't find something every time but i do try to find little odd ball things i can turn into something or a good deal. This week was especially good!

For a Tenner I got a hand cranked grinder, four half decent casters, two engineer squares, a little ruler, a dental mirror, a spring loaded nail set, and a scribe.

carboot2.jpg

The little ruler is 6 inches if that helps put the size in perspective

carboot.jpg

So What did you get?

Two problems with car boot sales up here. One, it's too d**n cold for them between October and April, and the other, noone seems to want to sell anything (apart from kids plastic toys) until it's totally shot!
And the "civic amenity sites" don't put stuff out for sale either. :( :( :(

I often sell stuff at a car boot sale, this morning some sucker bought a wonky hand cranked grinder, 4 wonky wheels, 2 out of square squares and some other bits of tat for a £10 from me......... one born every minute :D

Doctor":2ahdqh4d said:
I often sell stuff at a car boot sale, this morning some sucker bought a wonky hand cranked grinder, 4 wonky wheels, 2 out of square squares and some other bits of tat for a £10 from me......... one born every minute :D

:lol:

well that went over like a lead balloon.

Perhaps we just have a better car boot sale here. It is apparently the largest indoor one.

I don't know why they actually call it a car boot sale as there are no cars in the building. It has a butcher, fresh produce, a restaurant, and close to a hundred stalls. It takes a good two hours to go through them all, well some of them aren't worth going through, but a person gets to know the one's who deal in tools. They even keep an eye out for you.

I was actually thinking of renting a stall. There are several other businesses that have raised the level quality there.

Oh well. One seller there has a lot of woodworking stuff. combi machine, big compressor, metal band saw, and literally thousands of bits and bobs he picked up from a removal of some poor fella who died recently. It's a bit eerie to go through another mans life time of collecting and tool hoarding but at least it is going to other woodworkers and being used.

made me think of the tools i've got and creating a will so they don't end up at the car boot.

woodsworth":3jvn1zsg said:
made me think of the tools i've got and creating a will so they don't end up at the car boot.

ive told swimbo that if anything happens to me she's to offer my kit for sale on this forum first ;)

woodsworth":34a00waw said:
well that went over like a lead balloon.

Perhaps we just have a better car boot sale here. It is apparently the largest indoor one.

I don't know why they actually call it a car boot sale as there are no cars in the building. It has a butcher, fresh produce, a restaurant, and close to a hundred stalls. It takes a good two hours to go through them all, well some of them aren't worth going through, but a person gets to know the one's who deal in tools. They even keep an eye out for you.

I was actually thinking of renting a stall. There are several other businesses that have raised the level quality there.

Oh well. One seller there has a lot of woodworking stuff. combi machine, big compressor, metal band saw, and literally thousands of bits and bobs he picked up from a removal of some poor fella who died recently. It's a bit eerie to go through another mans life time of collecting and tool hoarding but at least it is going to other woodworkers and being used.

How old are you and what's your wife's phone number? :wink:

woodsworth":1i234x84 said:

Now that's just spooked me big time :shock:

I'm off to catalogue and value my lot - see you in about a month - no, make that 2 months

dickm":3d0at0oc said:
Not particularly relevant, but while we lived in Milton Keynes, I managed to sell two actual car boots (with the cars attached :D ) at car boot sales!

was that at Finmere market ? ;)

No, not Finmere, though we used occasionally to drop in there if driving west. (Oddly, when that market was first suggested, SWMBO was clerk to the local parish council, and had to pass on all the objections to the proposal).
Wife's Volvo went at a small sale near Newport (no longer in existence, I think) and daughter's one at the MK Bowl. Lots of rather dodgy stuff at the latter, but occasional bargains.

Doctor":y85vwrg3 said:

My thoughts exactly!

Back