At last, a hardwood timber merchant in Surrey

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bear

Established Member
Reaction score
I have long thought Surrey was devoid of a decent timber merchant. (SL hardwoods is London as far as I'm concerned and Wests in Sussex is too far to be convienient)

Today I noticed an ad for Surrey Timbers Ltd in the back of this months Brit Woodworking. They are nice and central, just north of guildford and seem to have been going since Feb 2010. The website says they are happy to let you choose your boards and hobiests are welcome. Looks like a decent range of stock.

Anyone been there yet? I browse the forum most days and don't recall any comments about them yet. Fingers crossed they make a sucess of it and look after their customers.

Mark

A joiner in a neighbouring unit to mine met up with Kevin a couple of weeks ago and his pricing was very competitive. Normandy is only a few miles away so I'll have to go over and have a look for myself and will report back.

Steve

pipper!

I moved up to Mid Wales from that area last year!

Now, if you want to see a real timber suppliers' desert.......

Kevin is a very nice chap... he's spoken to me and other local small timber producers and wants to present the best of local, American and global timbers in a non-scary environment with plenty of choice and easy access to the timber itself with a very smart racking system.
He's from South Africa and has worked there and in The States importing and selling timber so he knows his stuff and is very keen to get the business right.....

wills-mill":2emzlu5h said:
Kevin is a very nice chap... he's spoken to me and other local small timber producers and wants to present the best of local, American and global timbers in a non-scary environment with plenty of choice and easy access to the timber itself with a very smart racking system.
He's from South Africa and has worked there and in The States importing and selling timber so he knows his stuff and is very keen to get the business right.....

So has he got any friends in the Bristol area? [-o< [-o< [-o<

As promised I took a trip over to Surrey Timbers this morning. As has been mentioned, Kevin seems to be a very helpful chap and the stock he had seemed to be pretty good quality and a wide range although not a huge quantity. He told me that if he doesn't have the timber in stock he can usually get in a couple of days and for bigger orders (10 cu ft or more) he offers free delivery. His aim is to cover a radius of 20 miles from Normandy (the one near Guildford not northern France :lol: )
He has a rip saw and a p/t so can supply PAR for those who can't do this themselves. As well as boards he also has a turning blanks and smaller bits of wood for those who enjoy making boxes :lol:

A couple of pictures to prove I did actually go!

surreytimber3.jpg

surreytimber2.jpg

surreytimber1.jpg

Steve

Back