As Hallowe'en Approaches...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
... I've completed my interpretation of Fisnarl, a pattern designed by Sue and Toni at Chrestenson Burghout Designs. It's inspired by the darker creatures that populate Middle Earth and has been cut out of 18 mm MDF.

F_5a.jpg

It was very enjoyable to cut and a challenge to shape. I hope people here approve of it, even if they might find Fisnarl somewhat difficult to actually like :) .

Gill

Having just come out of the workshop on a Saturday, thats exactly how I feel!

Good work Gill.

Cheers

Tim

amazing Gill. I remember what you did last year for H'ween. Inspired me to have a go, might have to dig out the scroll saw again when the workshops finished.

Mike - yes, the components were finished first, then assembled.

I'm pleased this project has been well received here, and I'm also pleased nobody has said they actually like it. Let's face it, you'd need therapy if you liked Fisnarl :) !

I posted this project on an American forum and got a much more muted response. I wonder if that tells us anything about our trans-Atlantic differences? Most of the patterns for scrollers that are commonly available over here are designed by North Americans but I've long suspected that Brits have different tastes.

Ironically, Fisnarl was designed by North Americans :roll: :) !

Gill

Latest posts

Back