Are these jaws a good idea ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah OK. Thanks Dal. I've not come across that. My understanding was that because the headstock isn't hollow all the way through you couldn't use those 3rd party vacuum chucks. I'll look forward to that link :)

That's interesting because all it's gubbins are contained inside the chuck ie forward of the headstock. The one's I've seen demonstrated at shows require the air pipe to be passed through some hollow part of the headstock. That functions in the same way as a scroll chuck. What a good idea. Never seen them in the UK??

R O Bob that is the type of thing I had seen that Bobham has linked to. I should imagine that it could be made as well with a little engineering know how

Random Orbital Bob":1mcrcsdy said:
Have you seen them over here Dal? I've been to several turning and woodworking shows (at least 10 in the last 7 years) and never seen that particular design.

It was on one of the woodworking forums but for the life of me can't remember, I can't even blame old age as I am still under the 60 mark.

http://www.bobchapman.co.uk/rotary_adaptor.pdf

Back