aquamac 21 door seal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybuntus

Established Member
Reaction score
Just about to recieve an axminster aquamac 21 router bit.

I'm intending to cut into the side of the frame. Is 3-4mm from the rebate fine?

Measure the leaf of your hinge, then put it so your draught strip fits nicely behind it ;)

Good thinking! I'm always amazed at how simple things are when you have the knowledge. Maybe one day my common sense will prevail without the need for knowledge but I doubt it.

No problem ;) it took alot of frames before I began remembering where to put it. To high and it fouls the hinges, too low and you're left with a tiny slither of wood which tends to break away when you chop in the hinges ;)

A couple of things to loom out for
1. Make sure the seal is in the outside of the weather bar. If it's the other way around water flowing down it will puddle inside. Nit much you can do about it if that happens.

2. Try to place it such that the hinges as mentioned before AND the sash / lock is also not interfered with. If you have to break the run of the seal around the door, the draft from the break is very noticeable.

I normally place them c 1/8" inside of the rebate, this I have found to be the optimum for ta outing the hardware and ensuring that the door closes properly against the seal.

Last point, make sure you cut the seal groove such that the wipe is on the right side!!

Latest posts

Back