April PopWoodworking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
Any of the UK subscribers had their issue of the above yet? Given the perennial problems of international delivery, I'm not sure whether it's late yet, or not.

It's only this week that I received the latest issue of Woodworking; I thought PopWoodworking had mailed before that. Or am I mistaken?

Thanks Chris - I never doubted you'd sort things out. I just wasn't sure there was a problem yet.

I've received neither Feb nor April. Today I asked (again) via their website. I needn't have bothered.

Thank you for notifying us that you did not receive your issues. We apologize that these issues are permanently out of stock. We have extended your subscription for 2 issues and your new subscription expiration date is August 2009.

I wish I lived in Tunbridge Wells. What on earth is the point of subscribing to a mag that simply does not exist in reality?

I'm not happy.
S

Steve Maskery":n9grhkgj said:
these issues are permanently out of stock

Steve, that's not good. Especially as both issues are still listed as available on the Back Issues section of the Popular Woodworking web store.

I can only suggest you email Chris at the address listed in this thread; I'm sure he'll sort things out.

This is a very sore subject with me, but not with PopWoodworking. My beef is with the disgusting customer service the new owners of Good Woodworking have.
I had a subscription with them for a number of years and soon after the change of ownership I did not receive the magazine for two months in a row. Their attitude to my complaint stunk, so I had no option but to cancel my sub. I never did get the two issues nor an apology.

The sad thing is I used to really enjoy the mag each month and always looked forward to the issues where forum members took part. I also used to like the bits and pieces from Andy King.

It leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you get treated like this.

Cheers

Mike

I had an acknowledgement of my payment for a year's subscription to Poular Woodworking on 23rd February 2008. There is still no sign of my first copy from this purchase.

Lataxe, in northern England.

I haven't received my April copy either - nor had a response to an email sent about missing an issue...been a few months now which is a shame because it's a good magazine...
Have to keep waiting, I suppose.

Latest posts

Back