April Fool Tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Gibbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Lee Valley will be announcing their annual April Fools' Day tool tomorrow. Visit their website and search for AFD. We've heard from the horse's mouth that this year's innovation is heavy, at 220lb. A pocket anvil perhaps.

Nick

We had the Pocket Dovetailer here for a bit, and as a joke I even took it down to my local pub to cut a dovetail on the move (BW28). I can send you a pdf of the article. It was very beautiful, but not very robust.

Does anyone know when they will be putting the gang saw extension kit on the market? I have to fret some guitar fingerboards and it's going to save so much time cutting all the slots in one go.

Pete

Bale":z0ls4a7o said:
Does anyone know when they will be putting the gang saw extension kit on the market? I have to fret some guitar fingerboards and it's going to save so much time cutting all the slots in one go. Pete

Great idea. You could buy it with a cluster of spacers to suit different fretting. Will obviously have to have a built-in depth stop.

adidat":3tnhwequ said:
to be fair isn't that actually an excellent idea??

adidat

The Spider-Vice? Yeah, it would be a bit of an esoteric piece of equipment, but I can see plenty of people finding good uses for it, especially people who restore rather than make... It also looks a little bit like a humongous lathe-chuck, if anyone was feeling particularly foolhardy/brave and wanted to make circular table top in a hurry.

Somewhat bizarrely I was discussing quite a similar idea with an inventor friend recently. There is a shortage of holding devices for obscure shapes for carving etc...

"For the retired woodworker who can never remember what day of the week it is, the seven-jaw Spider Vise is the solution. You can make pointers or wheels to indicate the day or build a seven-sided case to organize your daily requirement of pharmaceuticals."
Priceless! - And far too close for comfort!
S

Back