Anyone with a bandsaw/table saw near me?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuptonM

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wandering if anyone would cut some wood for me into strips for my neck blank (would be easier than me wasting wood by cutting it with a jigsaw)?

I am probably going to have a 3 piece laminated neck so I'll probably only need 2 strips cut off a piece of wood

woodbloke":rk2truyq said:
Salisbury here, but Bob9fingers might be your best bet...he lives in your neck of the woods - Rob

Yup I'm in Romsey and you are welcome to PM me to arrange a workshop visit.

Bob

Well I am going to make a 3 or 5 piece guitar neck from some wenge (already quite thin so don't need any help cutting this) and from mahogany type wood that's been lying in the garage roof for some time.

For a 5 pc neck, I need the mahogany type wood to a have strips cut off of 1x 0.5cm wide and 2x 2.5cm wide pieces (thats the final width I want them after planing so wastage will have to be accounted for). The piece of wood is roughly 1m long and about 4cm thick and has a total width of about 20cm- I don't know the exact dimensions (they are as I remember it being) as I am still at uni but will be returning home for christmas this weekend, so I can confirm or rectify this later

Since I don't have a car I'll have to plead with my parents to take me, so who's ever closest is probably best

I didn't expect so many replies so u must all be really nice guys!!!!! :D

Maybe in exchange for help, u might want to borrow a set of CNC'd les paul body templates (based on the catto plan) from me so u could build your own guitar

Of course we are nice - we are woodworkers! :lol:

Those sizes will be no problem. I can cut them on the table saw and wizz them through the thicknesser too if you like.
I'm not working so I'm at home most of the time so should be able to fit in with parental lifts.

If they won't play ball, then Ringwood is pretty close and I could pick you up.

cheers

Bob

Back