Anyone using Festool parallel guides ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't got them but I did have a play with them at Crystal Palace. If I didn't have a panel saw I'd invest.

If you come along to Simon's Festool bash you'll be able to play with them...

I spotted the deal they are doing with the large carry bag at a very good price on the net, then I might just bung the bag on eBay and that will reduce the price of the other bits even more :D or if the bag is any good I might keep it.

Well I went and bought them, still in the box at the moment but will have a fiddle with them at the weekend maybe.

The bag is very good but a bit over the top for my needs so I might sell it if anyones interested.

Can you spot the mistake ? :roll:

4713333651_8592579660.jpg

There are two of the same hand in the box not left and right like they should be :roll:

Yep! You are right royally hacked off. Just as I would have been in your shoes. Caught the other post you made where I am Rob-GB.
Did you contact the supplier first or direct to Festool UK? As I am sure the supplier would resolve it quicker due to being told they keep stocks and Festool UK order in to demand. It is why my T15+3 took over a week to get and another reason why I changed supplier.
I'm sure it will get resolved, just wish it had not happened anyway as you actually posted the link to the company I got mine from.

Regards Rob.

Hi Rob, Funny enough I am not that p***ed off really maybe because Im more annoyed with the way England played last night :lol:

Just one of those things I suppose, someone in the packaging dept doesnt know left from right :lol:

I just sent Festool UK an email last night with a photo Im sure they will sort it quickly they normally do.

Chris

chippy1970":1c5zgti8 said:
Hi Rob, Funny enough I am not that p***ed off really maybe because Im more annoyed with the way England played last night :lol:

Just one of those things I suppose, someone in the packaging dept doesnt know left from right :lol:

I just sent Festool UK an email last night with a photo Im sure they will sort it quickly they normally do.

Chris

I don't follow football as I think life provides enough disappointments with out courting scheduled sporting ones :lol: :lol:
Glad your keeping 'chipper' though Chris.

Rob.

Had a call from Festool UK this morning basically saying not their problem take it up with FIXY spoke to them sent emails then they spoke to Festool I got another call from someone else at Festool UK this afternoon saying they are sending me just the rail part and I have to swap over the wrong part and screw it all back together then send the wrong part back to them.

The part has to come from Germany and will be here if im lucky Friday :roll:

I said to the girl who rang me this afternoon that I had already emailed Festool UK and they had called me and said take it up with Fixy but she knew nothing about that. Very disorganized I dont think the Germans would be impressed :lol:

By the way Rob now im HACKED OFF :evil: :lol:

Festool sent these through today 1 week after I got the guides I swapped the bits over JOB DONE.

4733370092_fa739bddfd.jpg

Chippy

Now that you have had the guides and extensions for a while what do you think of them? I am wondering would they speed up and improve the accuracy of ripping a full sheet of MR MDF 22mm for door rails & stiles plus all the carcasing door panels etc?

Once you have the guides set up correctly, then it does give you repeated accurate cuts. I had a set a long time ago and had a bit of trouble setting them up, but once done very good to use.

Rather than go to the cost why not look at the set that Steve Maskery ?

If I may say so, my version is just as good and a fraction of the price. I showed my gadget to one of the Directors at Festool some years ago when I visited the factory there. Some time later they released their version....
I've since made a similar one for cutting strips that are narrower than the track.

I have a set of these and do sometimes use them when cutting an 8 x 4 sheet using the 2.7m rail. I have to say, by the time I have set the things up and connected to the rail, I'm not sure its worth it! THe alternative is to measure a few points along the cut line and align the rail. This works pretty well and once the rail is in place it doesn't move.

I have lots of Festool kit but these were not my best purchase...

Paul

Latest posts

Back