anyone seen my 6" rule??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't speak for the modern Rabone, I've had mine for years, but I've got a number of "Rabone Chesterman Made in England No64R Rustless Chrome Face" and the corresponding 300mm version - I think they're great! The 'chrome' face is a subdued matt grey finish that is clearly legible in moderate and bright light, far better than shiny rules for me. They're end measuring with metric and imperial scales on opposite faces. The metric face has mm graduations on one edge and 0.5mm on the other, the Imperial face has 16ths, 32nds, and 64ths down one edge and 10ths, 20ths, 50ths and 100ths on the other*.

Amazon have them for £6.50 so a pretty low risk to find out if you can live with them.

As an aside, a great trick I learned for making repeat measurements was to apply a piece of Scotch 'magic' tape on the rule, this can then be marked up with a pencil or pen for quick checking/comparison of measurements and easily removed when no longer required.

Thanks KevM, have ordered a Rabone from Amazon, give it a try. The old ones you have are the Proper Rabones I think.
Agreed Lurker, no logic at all. I think of them as 6" rules (generic for the thing)... goes back years I suppose.

Latest posts

Back