Anyone recognise this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickm

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Mill/drill which was donated to a local heritage centre. It looks like a fairly recent generic copy, but any ideas welcome, particularly as to what fitting the quill might have. At the moment, it's just got a basic 1/2" Jacobs chuck, probably on a No2 Morse, but difficult to be certain as it's not that accessible. (hence also the poor quality pics - I only had phone handy)
DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 870
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 870
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 870
Possibly an old naerok, all the badges would've been on the belt cover.

A picture of the right side of the column base would confirm it.

Update, naerok 350 MT3 spindle?

Handy little machine, much better than a rong fu clone.

Water-Mark":qf9si0kx said:
Update, naerok 350 MT3 spindle?

Handy little machine, much better than a rong fu clone.

Yes looks like a Naerok. Which in case folks didn't know is "Korean" backwards indicating where they were made. :D

As said, should be a MT3. If the bearings are still ok it would indeed be a nice little machine. For some reason later copies from China have the head move up and down the column whilst the Naerok has the head fixed to the column which moves up and down through the base.
The Germans made a rather nice copy of the Korean machine.

http://lathes.co.uk/ixion/

Update: it could have an R8 spindle like this one.

http://www.stationroadsteam.co.uk/stock ... /index.htm

Now why can I never find a nice little machine like that, just perfect for my little shop.

Thanks, guys - that certainly looks pretty much like the beast in question.

Had always assumed Naerok (yes, I did know it was Korean backwards!) stuff was pretty much on a par with other earlier far-Eastern stuff, but the comments in the links all sound positive. Years ago, I did replace the not-very-good planer attachment on my Coronet Consort with a shop-soiled Naerok P/T, and it was certainly an improvement.

Back