Anyone own an Axminster AWHBS400N?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard Scanlan

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone reading this forum own an an Axminster AWHBS400N bandsaw? Someone must do because Axminster order a container full at a time from China.
Did you get what you bargained for or has it let you down? Would you buy another one or would you look for something else next time around?
Does anyone own a Record Power 350 bandsaw?
I would love to compare a few but unfortunately all the stores near to me stock Metabo or Scheppach machines.

Well the bandsaw looks very similar to my Axminster 4300 bandsaw that I have had for about 8 years and has been used daily and never missed a beat!

One thing with Axminster is they are very good when it comes to warranty issues - I can say that from personal experience - The opposite applies to Record from past problems I have had though.

Rog

I have a Record BS500, which is OK but it was on offer when I bought it and it was at the top of my budget at that time.

I have on occasion resawn 8" Oak on the record which it did with no problem.

I use it mostly for cutting curves and it does the job well, with a decent blade.

Like Rog however I have had warranty dealings with Record (over something else) and Axminster in the past and they are like chalk and cheese, with Axminster bending over backwards to sort things out while Record could not really care less.

If I was buying a bandsaw in the under £1000 range again I would certainly have a serious look at an Axminster machine.

Tom

Thank you very much for your replies.
As I can't actually check out an Axminster or Record Power machine in a store it is good to get some feedback from people who have.

I am looking for a bandsaw right now too, think I will get the AWHBS400N too, I had a Fox one that was awful, wouldn't cut 3/4" pine, so having a big 2hp saw will be great. I could probably easily get away with the model below to be fair, but after that Fox, I just want to be sure.

Back