Anyone help me with setting fence on Axi AWS10 table saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeetstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Gentles all I have the 10in Axi saw. The fence slider incorporates a gauge to allow you to set width of cut. However the only way I can get the fence to sit on the correct width of cut is to remove the auxiliary fence. That means I have the 'main' fence that runs parallel (or close to) along the whole of the blade.
This is a bad thing, so I always use the aux fence and set it to the front edge of the blade... this to reduce the risk of kick back.
When I fit the aux fence (which I use all the time) there is no way that I can adjust the fence on its slider so that the gauge indicates the correct width of cut.

I thought I could create a workaround by measuring the width of the aux fence and marking it up so that with a quick reference to the gauge and a bit of mental arithmetic based on the width of the aux fence I could set the cut width, but the fence is 53mm in one orientation and 109.5mm in the other... too much like hard work to make this am easy work around.

Is this to be expected or am I missing something monumentally simple?

We have the larger version. I don’t know any way that you can use the gauge to easily measure the distance between blade and fences for the 3 ways that you can set the fences (1. Main fence: 2. Auxiliary fence upright: 3. Auxiliary fence horizontal). If you add other fences such as a taper fences, the number rises even more.

We have the gauge set to the 1. Main fence and set the distance for the other two by tape. Not automatic but it takes only seconds to measure and, if it’s hardwood that we are going to finish to exact measurement by plane, we err on the side of +0.5mm. If we need something more accurate off the saw, we use a piece of scrap to test and then use a vernier gauge for that final adjustment.

Exactly the same on the bandsaw - 3 fence possibilities.

The Incra router table has several movable tapes under a clear plastic cover. If you had that on a TS then you would have measurement that you could constantly adjust or leave for each fence mode

Thanks martin, at least I've not missed anything obvious.
Backup plan would be to make a set of blocks cut to popular sizes that I could use to set the fence quickly. Though the universal laws of frustration state, that once the blocks were made, I'd never need to cut at those widths ever again, :|

Thanks though.

Latest posts

Back