Anyone got one of these? wiring issue, help appreciated.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Housey210

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone got one of these? wiring issue, help appreciated.

E150A stacker.

been after one of these for ages, to lift attachments up onto mill, and luckily one turned up this week on my local marketplace. (£55 plus 10 delivery)

chap said it worked but with intermittent fault, this after he bought two new 12v batteries. He also said he had tried to crimp new ends and left the wires off.

Expecting to see just the battery leads off I found three of the four wires to the limit switches off. Sadly he did not take a picky, make a sketch or mark leads.

Wiring schematics easily found online but only show looms not connections.

Attachments

• STACKER.jpg
    STACKER.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 0
With the wiring schematics and a continuity meter it would be a simple job for an electrician, auto or domestic.

With the wiring schematics and a continuity meter it would be a simple job for an electrician, auto or domestic.
Had a sparky in this morning but domestic not auto. Last picky draw from inners.

Attachments

• stacker 2.jpg
    stacker 2.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 0
  • BILD0016.JPG
    BILD0016.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • BILD0017.JPG
    BILD0017.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • BILD0019.JPG
    BILD0019.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
That wiring diagram is a little ambiguous, the up/down buttons only have a single wire and the power switch looks like it just shorts out the battery C, You will need to spend some time tracing the actual wiring.

You need to look at this as two parts, one is the battery and charger system which gives the unit it's power, is the battery fully charged ?

The other is the control system, being a Dc motor I would suggest the controller simply reverses the power to the motor so the upper limit switch cuts out that direction and you can only go down and vica versa. Have you got any pictures of the main control board ?

That wiring diagram is a little ambiguous, the up/down buttons only have a single wire and the power switch looks like it just shorts out the battery C, You will need to spend some time tracing the actual wiring.

You need to look at this as two parts, one is the battery and charger system which gives the unit it's power, is the battery fully charged ?

The other is the control system, being a Dc motor I would suggest the controller simply reverses the power to the motor so the upper limit switch cuts out that direction and you can only go down and vica versa. Have you got any pictures of the main control board ?
"That wiring diagram is a little ambiguous" thats why the sparky drank his coffee quick and left! The manual wiring diagram just shows the looms which is pointless.

"The other is the control system, being a Dc motor I would suggest the controller simply reverses the power to the motor so the upper limit switch cuts out that direction and you can only go down and vica versa." i reckon you have hit the nail on the head, there are no limiters at top just those two at bottom. Just put batteries on charge but drawing no amps so i guess dead as. Right old porky pie from seller about new batteries, dated 2015! Also 30amp fuse fitted when pcb states 15. The right hand limiter is not latching out as bolt it hits against had been cut down. i guess the 30amp fuse is another of the previous owners diy but something caused the 15 to blow. noticed so far, 3 of the fiber insulators were missing from pcb meaning a group of resistor were touching a screw head and a wire out from light buzzer at panel. Chipping away at it and i guess the limiter wires will not cause any damage to board if wired wrong on a trial and see basis when new batteries fitted.

Attachments

• BILD0023.JPG
    BILD0023.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • BILD0023.JPG
    BILD0023.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • BILD0024.JPG
    BILD0024.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • BILD0021.JPG
    BILD0021.JPG