Any wall/floor tilers on the forum?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipdiver

Established Member
Reaction score
Could do with a recommendation for an adhesive that will be suitable for tiling onto tiles with large ceramics. I'd initially bought Mapei D2 tub stuff which is suitable but have since learned that they don't recommend using it on tiles over 300mmx300mm because of it not drying properly due to air not being able to get to the adhesive on larger tiles. The tiles i'm using are 250mmx400mm, so not that much bigger but i've decided to use a powder type; preferably one that isn't rapid setting and will stick tiles to tiles. I can't remove the existing tiles, so that's not an option. Would be a bonus if the adhesive is available from B&Q or Screwfix as i only have transport at night when the other half gets home in the car. They both sell Mapei products but i'm unsure on which one and if i need any additives or primers.

Cheers for any thoughts.

Crazy as it sounds, i never thought of that. Suppose i could ring them and ask. It's been a very stressful week for me and my brain has shut down.

Thanks phil.

Back