Any Axminster TS-200 owners out there ??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryS.

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought an axminster TS-200 table saw a month ago. Just wondering :

- what other owners think of them
- have you made any mods to them
- have you had to adjust the machine ? (The instructions that came with it didn't give any clear instructions on setting it up, and its my first machine so I'm flying a bit blind)

I'm just about to start using it (been doing up the workshop), just hoping to learn from other experiences.

thanks

Hi Genghis,

I don't own a TS-200, but if you really want the best out of your saw, spend an hour or so setting it up and making everything is square and parallel. There is a good article here on tablesaw setup and alignment. There is also a video at the bottom of the page.

I would also suggest reading a little on tablesaw techniques and safety, because when a tablesaw bites, it chews before it swallows. :wink:

Simon,

Thanks for the link, I'll use the tips on there for sure, though I do wish those americans would come into the 21st century and talk in metric

paul

Good evening Paul, I purchased my TS200 2 months ago, I have no complaints about it, it is nice and quiet, smooth sliding action on the sliding table, my only concerns are with the fence as every time I set it and tighten the locking handle it leaves a mark on the fence carriage, have you found the same?, I must say setting up the r/h table extension was a right pita, having said that for £278.00 and free delivery I,m more than happy.
Regards Rich.

Rich,

Yes I've found the same with the fence markinf the runner (bit strange they chose a metrial that would do that), however like you I'm happy with what I got for the money. When you say you had troubl setting up the right hand extension table, what sort of problems did you have ?

Also have you had to adjust alignments at all ?

cheers

paul

Hi Paul, it was just a pain in the xxxx trying to get the shims and the nuts of the hold down bolts all inline at the same time, in the end I clamped two metre long levels to the main table and shimmed the extension table up to them, when I had it level I wrote down the number of shims required by the side of each hole and by the time I had finished there was 1 shim left over, still, thats the joy of setting up machinery.
Regards Rich.

Back