Antique toy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberman

Established Member
Reaction score
This whimsical toy is made up of several Hardwoods. The little Guy moves up and down as the wheels are rotated
a cam is fitted to the rear axle which causes this function. as an after thought I fitted a rear box which was not in the original pattern I also discarded the number plate which is just printed on photographic paper an replaced them with ones I cut it was a bit tricky as the numbers are a bit small.

Harry.

Attachments

• Forum 03.jpg
    Forum 03.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 874
  • Old mobile.jpg
    Old mobile.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 874
Looks great! I think the rear box improves the design too giving it a more balanced look. I have just remembered where i have seen it before! Geoff on this forum driving his car loaded up with scrolled goodies 9-) lol
Cheers
Brian

Hi Lumberman
that is really nice, and a great way to use up small bits of useful off cuts. The more I look at it, the more I like it!!!
Regards
Brendan

Very nice, Harry. Can I ask where you got the plans from it would make a nice present for next xmas.
Sam

Ahaa ,that is superb .I could spend the day looking at this . You people on here are to be admired for the work you produce and show .Thank you all very much ,and in case I don't get get the chance later ,may I wish everyone very Happy Christmas and New Year .

Latest posts

Back