Another successful electrolytic derusting project!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Berncarpenter":y1qnapj0 said:
WOW vice has come up great and love the mill , boy would i like one of them .

Cheers Bern :mrgreen:

Thanks Bern... :wink:

:shock: wow :shock:
if ever there was a post that made you think i would love to be able to do that , well this is it , thanks for sharing that and showing what amazing results can be acheived.
cheers paul-c

And finally including new labels very kindly sent to me from Kurt free of charge...

Attachments

• IMG_3566 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_3566 (Copy).JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 1,003
Made the jaws today... Finished at last!

Attachments

• IMG_3593 (Copy) (Copy).jpg
    IMG_3593 (Copy) (Copy).jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 919
Spindle":3bh0r070 said:
seaco":3bh0r070 said:
Don't you just love electrolysis :)

You're correct that the electrodes do not need to be line of sight, electrons / ions will flow through the electrolyte no matter what. What does make a difference to the speed of the process is the proximity of the electrode to the parent metal, (the closer the better), but don't get hung up on line of sight. Also be aware that the closer the electrodes are the more current that will be drawn with the potential to overload whatever supply you are using.

Regards Mick

Quite right Mick, made me laugh when someone on another site said this, it's an electrical process, not an optical one!

Nice job on the vice Lee. I've used the process myself a few times but would never have expected your vice to turn out so well!

Latest posts

Back