Another new toy.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I couldn't resist buying this Hobbies saw.

Attachments

• P1040369s.jpg
    P1040369s.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 1,060
martinka":13uwfdgy said:
Very nice, PT. Where are you finding the space to put them all? Mine is going to have to go as I have run out of space in the garage and the A1 is down my inspection pit. May as well flog it on, along with the Diamond, and let someone else get some use from them.

Martin.

At the moment space is not a problem but we have decided that next year will be the time for us to downsize and it may become a problem then.
I have actually just purchased 1 more and that will give me a total of 5 treadle saws and that will be enough. I will post a picture when I have got it.
I blame you for my interest in these old saws since you posted that link for the Victory for sale that I then purchased.
The only problem left is that I am still looking for a Hobbies treadle lathe.

martinka":2aueqlym said:
Nice going PT. I am waiting for a pal to come back from his hol's and he will hopefully make this oak into a couple of arms for me, though going on past record he might not turn up again for another year.

If you are stuck for somebody to machine some new wooden parts, I'd be happy to help if I can.

If your machine needs a new belt look on you tube for "How to make a sewing machine belt", I have followed these instructions and have made a belt for my Hobbies Little Gem and it works a treat.

John Brighter33":1fczg1fr said:
If your machine needs a new belt look on you tube for "How to make a sewing machine belt", I have followed these instructions and have made a belt for my Hobbies Little Gem and it works a treat.

That is a good tip, I bet it does not do your putty knife much good though! :D

Back