Anima - Box WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marcros,
Thanks, I read through that post when I did some research on shellac. The finish I have I closest to no4 and the chatoyanance stands out. Even if you move your head by just an inch the darks become lights and the lights become darks; quite fascinating.

i might have a little job for an offcut when the time comes...

I fancy making a little shoulder plane, obviously in return for a few beer tokens!

Really great WIP. Glad to see for the time being you have stepped away from blood stain as a finish. It is at times like this that I wonder if we need an extra forum topic 'Home First Aid and A&E' or something. Avoiding injury is of course priority No1 but little accidents are usually lurking where you least expect to meet them. And when I cut myself by accident the last thing I think of is bleeding over the keyboard to search to see if any forum members have useful suggestions I just grab a plaster. Although watching experienced woodworkers and adopting their practices really helps. Anyway I am looking forward to seeing the next instalment.

marcros":2mgayhos said:
i might have a little job for an offcut when the time comes...

I fancy making a little shoulder plane, obviously in return for a few beer tokens!

There will be plenty of offcuts. It's all 20mm thick so if that's any good, you are of course welcome to some. I should have some lumps suitable for pen blanks if the turners are interested.

Based on gasman's success with his butlers table I'm going to give finishing oil a go so watch this space.

My problem is I am too excitable. If something goes well I have a strange juggling impulse... (that caused the seconds cut). I must admit I'm a bit worried about the injuries I'm going to suffer when doing the dovetails next week.

Gerard Scanlan":1fhde6ck said:
Really great WIP. Glad to see for the time being you have stepped away from blood stain as a finish. It is at times like this that I wonder if we need an extra forum topic 'Home First Aid and A&E' or something. Avoiding injury is of course priority No1 but little accidents are usually lurking where you least expect to meet them. And when I cut myself by accident the last thing I think of is bleeding over the keyboard to search to see if any forum members have useful suggestions I just grab a plaster. Although watching experienced woodworkers and adopting their practices really helps. Anyway I am looking forward to seeing the next instalment.

Plaster, what are these? I thought it was either superglue or black electrical tape.

Latest posts

Back