Members can turn off viewing Ads!

An Ebay drool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf
Wow=nice case! Easy (but boring) way of having the hand tool situation sorted in one fell swoop!
cheers
Philly :D

Midnight

Established Member
Reaction score
<pausin just long enough t wipe Charlie's chin...

younguns.... sheesh....

:lol:

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Bob Key's getting out of woodworking?! Tragedy. I hope he keeps his website live; his beginner's bench design is an internet woodworking classic.

Cheers, Alf

beech1948

Established Member
Reaction score
Alf,

I wrote to him to ask that he keep the web site live and frozen as is for now. Don't know if he will. Maybe some others could do that also to encourage him to keep the site up.

I built his beginners bench with a few modifications recently...well actually I only finished it last week. As you say a classic and from someone who is so unassuming.

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
Well spotted Signal - that's a beaut!

Usually with complete toolkits there are as many 'no thanks' items as 'yes please!', but there isn't much in there I'd turn down :).

Any other time of year I'd be bidding, I think, but three weeks before Christmas... not a chance :roll:

Signal

Established Member
Reaction score
Must admit Pete, the tempation on this one is VERY high, though I think if i did get it SWMBO would be sueing me for divorce :oops:

Signal

A

Anonymous

seems to me that what we are seeing here is inspiration :wink: as I for one can't afford those beauties - could make the box though and fill one corner with my hand tools :cry:

Signal

Established Member
Reaction score
320 QUID!!!!

I think thats a bit of a bargain, cheap as chips

urgh whered this orrible orange fake tan and dodgy 70's suit come from

If Id of know it would of gone for that sort of money id of joined the fray, he ho!!

Signal

A

Anonymous

This one look like a Sweetheart era #1 to anyone??

Size is a little longer than Blood & Gore quotes

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
It may just be the photos but the whole thing looks slightly lopsided to me. I reckon it's a copy - as the guy suggests, maybe an apprentice piece.

You'd really have to know your onions to bid on this.

A

Anonymous

it's up to £310 now. Certainly looks right to me, even down to the depth adjuster being parallel to the sole.

Probably at about it's money now though, what with no box and the front knob missing