An amazing woman!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Today I have been out fitting some pieces I made at a terraced cottage. One of the units is the tall corner cabinet I posted on here recently and as usual I was expecting problems with non square corners and had taken some trim strips to account for this. So I was astounded when it fitted perfectly into the corner which was completely square from top to bottom! :eek: Talking to the lady customer about this she informed me that she had done all of the walls, plastering, plumbing, and tiling! In fact she was a very capable trades person. I also had a boiler cabinet to fit in the kitchen and this was also the same with everything fitting in exactly! I have to say that the quality of this woman's work was better than I had seen from so called experts! I am sure my jaw dropped when she also told me she had tiled the roof, replaced some of the trusses and fitted new guttering! All in all she was a very knowledgeable woman. i got the boiler cabinet fitted, the corner cabinet in the bathroom and a door and frame on the landing today but will be returning in the morning to fit a small loft hatch and three small shaker doors to a cupboard. I will then take some photos of the work. I am however pleased to say she drew the line at fine woodwork as she said this was just beyond her, lucky for me or I wouldn't have got the work. :lol: My mate who was helping with the lifting said that's just the sort of woman he could do with. :lol:

blimey! is settle for 1 that cooks and does the washing up lol

Mod Edit:- foul wording report.

oops sorry :oops:

I think it's a tribute to your work that someone as capable would continue to choose you. So not just fast then!

I did forget to mention that this lady is a teacher and does not do this for a living! Now that is the sort of assistant I could do with. :D

Back