Am I missing something here?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
powertools":1idb1k1j said:
Yes you are missing something.
It makes no difference what you are selling marketing is the most important thing.
We could all make that cheaper but it is how you market it that will dictate the price.
Yup.
I was told about marketing many years ago by a successful salesman we all knew as "Bob the Gob". He said the only way to get more money for the same thing was marketing.

Yes you're missing something, have you read the description.... :roll:

it was hand crafted by some bloke

About twenty years ago, I read about a guy who was supplying an upmarket shop with turnery on a sale or return. He had one very beautiful bowl on sale for £45 (20yrs ago) and it sat in the window for 18months. He decided to take home, when by chance he read an article on marketing, and specifically, perceived value, so he asked the shop owner to stick a ticket on it for £90 and leave for a couple of weeks. Within a week it had sold.

I have got to get involved in this lot!

We live just about 4 miles from the Canal du Midi where they are cutting down 40,000 platan trees, plane trees in English, and they are all about 150 years old although I don't remember the planting? I know several of the eclusiers, lock keepers, who know the teams. Fancy letting folk know that their very special chopping boards have lived along the banks of such an icon.. A quick chat to a lock keeper friend and I could buy our second Roller!

Well, the grass has to be kept propper like dunit?

You have to remember , your not buying a chopping board, your buying into a lifestyle ! :eek:ccasion5:

maltrout512":1d2lq28p said:
That board would look nice next to my carving knife.........

http://www.arnotts.ie/aspx/ProductDetails.aspx?productFamilyId=324375

Thanks for the post :roll:

Damascus steel on that - expensive and difficult to produce (if it's true cast damascus, not simpler pattern welded - hey I read a lot), although to be fair pattern welded is still not so easy either, so that pricetag is ok IMHO.

Now there's a thing. If I wished to blow four hundred quid on this thread...? I'd go for the Miyabe knife every time. Given time, I could cut an approximation of a chopping board with that. I couldn't make a knife like that with a lacewood board, no-matter how much time. Also If I have done my sums correctly, I could buy the knife and still have change for a blank of plane.

Latest posts

Back