Am I being unreasonable?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the products you have listed are fine products I am sure - but they are all top end machines and I don't think many are still made any more. Silverdrive no longer advertise or go to shows, I don't think Poolewood still make in the UK if at all, Graduate is no longer made etc. I believe the VB is still made here but that is beyond the reach of most on both a money and space basis.

Graduate is still in production !! - moulds were bought over by Multico, as we had to get a brand new one (not reconditioned !!) from they last year for a school, from what I gather, they are now made in India, but then imported into france by Multico, so as to pass all the CE approvals etc. I hate to tell you thou, they are damn expensive !! - expect to pay in the region of 5k to actually get one delivered - the most expensive part is the delivery from the south of France to home - cost me nearly 1k to get it to the North West of Ireland - great lathe, but with the modern ones - Nova DVR or MAXI 2, I think they are now well over priced. Central Technologies still can supply them in the UK, but producers now are Multico - the same as the mortice machines.

Many thanks

Stanley

Graduate is still in production !! - moulds were bought over by Multico, as we had to get a brand new one (not reconditioned !!) from they last year for a school, from what I gather, they are now made in India, but then imported into france by Multico, so as to pass all the CE approvals etc. I hate to tell you thou, they are damn expensive !! - expect to pay in the region of 5k

the union graduate lathe is actually being made in golborne , wigan by a company called LRE http://www.woodturninglathes.co.uk/
a one man company i think . i had to get a tailstock for my graduate and he sometimes has second hand spares ( new spare parts are pricey ) and is very helpful and will quite happily show you around where he makes the new lathes ,a very helpful pleasant man .
here is the price list ,a lot less than the 5k quoted.
http://www.woodturninglathes.co.uk/price_list.html

Latest posts

Back