ALDI Track saw - extra track

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevebod

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, after my recent "success" with an Aldi band saw I have taken the plunge and got myself an Aldi track saw, (my wife won't let me own a circular saw...or a chain saw for that matter).
I got it as I have been informed by SWMBO that "we will now be fitting new interior doors", and thought it would be the ideal tool....although the last time I tried to fit a door it was an absolute nightmare, so I will need to do some "you tubing" before I start...

Just wondering if anybody knows where I can get some extra track from?

Selwyn":rxix6csh said:
Why do people say their "wife won't let them do things"?

Maybe his wife is like mine and has worked in A&E, hardly a weekend will go by without someone coming in with a life changing circular saw injury.
I have one but only use it as a last resort, scares the wot sit out of me.
I also have several chain saws and am braver with these, but I never ever use them when I am alone.

Strange how we all view things differently. I’m never careless when i use a circular saw, and always have a healthy respect for what it can do, but I’ve never considered it nearly so dangerous as a chain saw.

Stevebod":2xcj1vdf said:
Hi all, after my recent "success" with an Aldi band saw I have taken the plunge and got myself an Aldi track saw, (my wife won't let me own a circular saw...or a chain saw for that matter).
I got it as I have been informed by SWMBO that "we will now be fitting new interior doors", and thought it would be the ideal tool....although the last time I tried to fit a door it was an absolute nightmare, so I will need to do some "you tubing" before I start...

Just wondering if anybody knows where I can get some extra track from?
It appears th be the same as the Sheppach PL55

Hi and thanks for the info.
Looking at it (PL55), I think you are right. Seems a shame that the only extra track I can find (E-Bay) is £45 which is only a few quid less than buying another complete Aldi track saw!!....
(Not sure how they can justify £45 for 1 piece of track?...but there you go...)

Would this (1.4m) track be compatible? Reviews have said it works with the cheap Titan TS, which I believe is near-identical to the sheppach/workzone saw.

screwfix . com/p/makita-194368-5-1-x-1400mm-plunge-saw-guide-rail/533fv

I also have the Workzone tracksaw, which is great itself but the rails are a bit wonky. The bar (singular, despite there being two grooves on the back) for mating the two 0.7m pieces is fiddly to tighten evenly and causes a lip at the join of the track segments which catches on the saw's sliding feet.

Thanks for the link Fergal. Looks like good value. Have a preference for the Makita track though as it is a single length without the joining seam.

Back