@ Aldi today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Mark

Established Member
Reaction score
For any of you who like to listen to music on the go Aldi have some wireless Bluetooth sports headphones in from today.

Only £8, same as some on Amazon for about £15 and surprisingly good.
Easy to pair, light, stay in well, cancel out a good bit of background noise and most surprisingly good sound with pretty deep base.

Would likely be small enough to fit whilst wearing your ear defenders. Cheap way of getting Bluetooth ear defenders?

Clicky clicky for link

davin":3r723r4q said:
What I want is DAB ear defenders, do they exist?
Ideally I would like someone else's wifi to waft into my workshop. As it is a phone signal would be a start..
Radio ones are quite common, though im not sure about DAB.

NickWelford":1wqvs1xi said:
Wish we could get a decent dab signal for the radio! rubbish system overhyped. I dread the day they switch off fm.
+++++1!
Actually, I suspect one reason they possibly don't make DAB ear defenders is that the bl***y things use so much current that they'd need a separate battery pack to work for more than a few minutes. And the thought of what a nationwide switchover to digital only will do to total domestic electrical consumption really appals me.

Was DAB a cheap version of digital radio (what in the UK never!!) whilst other European countries had more long term better variants?
To get a phone signal where my workshop is involves climbing a barbed wire fence and standing in the middle of a field. It's not exactly like I am in a wilderness area, Gatwick is not far away.
Anyway I only want DAB to listen to LBC so I can have angry rants at Nik Ferrari, otherwise it's Jeremy Vine for me.
But getting back to original post, daughter is getting a pair tomorrow, thanks for posting,.

Neighbour has a DAB radio and it can only get 10 channels here.

I use dab in the caravan and tell number of stations varies greatly from one site to another

Back