Which Noise cancelling ear defenders?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening, folks.
Apologies to resurrect an old thread, but it came up in my quest for a solution to:
Shared room on ski trip with 1,2 or even 3 warthog snore machines 😔.
I've tried rolled sponge disposable - not a chance. Ditto with self- moulded jobs (improvement, but get a bit of an ache after a few hours).
So,
1. Other recommendations for passive plugs.
2. Active noise cancelling - do they need to be playing something to work, or just switched on?
3. Would 2 work for snoring?
4. Any ANC plug brands you good people can recommend?

Many, many thanks in advance!

Greg

you can get a kit of "goo" to make your own custom fit earplugs.

I assume its the same sort of stuff that the audiologists use when they take ear impressions for hearing aids

https://diyearplugsonline.com/
For us oldies just make sure the ear cavity is completley clear of hairs! Don't ask how I know this!!!:mad::(:eek:

Evening, folks.
Apologies to resurrect an old thread, but it came up in my quest for a solution to:
Shared room on ski trip with 1,2 or even 3 warthog snore machines 😔.
I've tried rolled sponge disposable - not a chance. Ditto with self- moulded jobs (improvement, but get a bit of an ache after a few hours).
So,
1. Other recommendations for passive plugs.
2. Active noise cancelling - do they need to be playing something to work, or just switched on?
3. Would 2 work for snoring?
4. Any ANC plug brands you good people can recommend?

Many, many thanks in advance!

Greg
Tell them to sew some tennis balls in the back of their nightgowns. Stops them sleeping on their backs. Stops them snoring. Tell them that they might have sleep apnea and could die in their sleep.

Back