Aldi Sunday Special

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HLA91

Established Member
Reaction score
For those who don't know Aldi have a couple of power tools on offer for Sunday 9th (tomorrow) only. >Aldi Offers<

Don't know if they are any good. Anyone bought similar from Aldi?

HLA91

I was just about to mention this deal!

The router table is a bit of a bargain by the looks of it, along with the router (£24.99)! I think I will be picking a router up :)

Ooh ta, I've a good mind to nip over tonight.
I have been there, but not from here! I know it's not far away but I've no idea how to get there.

Aldi germany has these interesting moisture estimators in, may have one to play with later in the year to compare with the basic one I have.
MM.jpg

Attachments

• MM.jpg
    MM.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 259
I've just realised how late it is. You've got 5 minutes! :)
I can't go tomorrow but I'll go on Monday.

Thank you very much for the offer, it's very kind of you.
S

I bought some bits last year and my opinions are as follows;

The router is excellent I use mine regularly and place it as better than the small makitas in use.
The table however is rubbish, I would say only useful as a door stop but it wouldn't be heavy enough to work. Mine lasted 6 months before I got rid.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

By mistake went to Lidil - (these shops all look the same); but they had a nice set of 3 squares for £5 - so got those, then headed of to Aldi and got the router; hopefully it will better than the no name screamer i currently have (still saving for a T11 though1)

deserter":waclfftx said:
The router is excellent I use mine regularly and place it as better than the small makitas in use.

Thanks for the heads up guys! First time I've ever found Aldi to still have some specials left. Just got the router from Aldi Leeds York Road, so hope I also got a good one.

I just picked up a router from aldi, along with some broken screw removers and a fleece body warmer!

I have tested the router and it is pretty decent! I'm happy for £25!

Thanks for the tip HLA91...I got the router and first impression is fantastic for the price, and a 3 year warranty and spare brushes. I got the ct cutter set as well. I'll have to try them out but at less than 60p each it's not too much of a risk...has anyone any experience of these bargain router cutters ? Thanks again Geoff

I was going to get the cutters too but I remembered I had a set of silverline ones at home. They look like a bargain for 6.99 but I don't think they will last too long, the same can be said for my silverline ones!

Back