Aldi offers for this Thursday.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Aldi this Thursday have a bench drill for £60, also mini circular saw £60, and 16v Li ion drill for £30. All have the usual 3 year guarantee.

K

Don,t forget 3 years guarantee But if you break it you have to pay to send it away. They refused my mate to exchange it for a new one only last week so please ask them how the guarantee work,s
Mock

Is the drill any good? I've been looking for one for occasional use but I haven't had the balls to spring for the record one I've been eyeing up.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

BearTricks":1m785fgj said:
Is the drill any good? I've been looking for one for occasional use but I haven't had the balls to spring for the record one I've been eyeing up.

It looks like a Silverline clone.

Not worth it IMO even at this money. Lidl's parkside model is larger, more powerful and better built - when they have it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Beartricks,
bought one 8 or 9 years ago and the only thing to go wrong with it was one of the drive did strech,this only happend 7 weeks ago.So I replaced both belts,not bad for 8 or so years of use,and not always light use,I have been useing a 76mm Millwalkee forstner bit for the last 2 months and it has coped with it.If you have a look at my fbook page you will see the wine tables that I use the 76mm drill bit for,they are 30mm thick oak,beech and zebrano..

WaterMark,you can get spares from the service dep. service [email protected]

Peter

Bodgers":3ri6xyao said:
BearTricks":3ri6xyao said:

It looks like a Silverline clone.

Not worth it IMO even at this money. Lidl's parkside model is larger, more powerful and better built - when they have it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Parkside one and actually it's the same power (and is excellent to use). One of the main differences would be to check where it's made - the parkside one is made in Germany.

beganasatree":22zno0pi said:
Hi Beartricks,
bought one 8 or 9 years ago and the only thing to go wrong with it was one of the drive did strech,this only happend 7 weeks ago.So I replaced both belts,not bad for 8 or so years of use,and not always light use,I have been useing a 76mm Millwalkee forstner bit for the last 2 months and it has coped with it.If you have a look at my fbook page you will see the wine tables that I use the 76mm drill bit for,they are 30mm thick oak,beech and zebrano..

WaterMark,you can get spares from the service dep. service [email protected]

Peter

I don't need spares for a drill i want to break it for a lathe project, it's worth it for the motor and step pulleys alone.

Racers":2bvndjh8 said:
Remote control sockets this Thursday https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/t ... 1-16_16-46
Get one on your chip extractor.

Pete

Any idea what power they are rated to handle? These are on my shopping list but I have noticed different ones have different ratings. I want to run a 3HP chip extractor and don't want smoke and sparks when I hit the button!

Terry.

I think mine I bought some time ago from them are rated at 13A, but I don't know about the ones on Thursday.

Pete

Latest posts

Back