Aldi Impact Driver

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Established Member
Reaction score
They’ve had these in my local store for a couple of weeks now. At £14 I thought maybe it might come in handy. The charger for it is sold separately at £16. Still tempted except whilst they had a few Drivers left and about 40 or 50 chargers they didn’t have a single battery left! Oh well, maybe next time when they come round again.

My son works for a company who occasionally do work in Aldi stores, last week he mentioned to the staff that there were never any batteries for their Ferrex range. They said they are kept by the check-out as they get pinched off the shelves, they had 5 in stock so he bought one.

My son works for a company who occasionally do work in Aldi stores, last week he mentioned to the staff that there were never any batteries for their Ferrex range. They said they are kept by the check-out as they get pinched off the shelves, they had 5 in stock so he bought one.
Thanks, I’ll have a look next time. Any idea if the Ferrex is any good?

I have a Ferrex drill driver combo , Only for DIY use , No problems so far , Battery life in use is good , I have not had to re charge on any single job yet only when the job is completed.

I've not had any ferrex tools but from word of mouth they are pretty reasonable, a touch above parkside (lidl) in quality, I gather a lot is rebadged einhell

haven't seen a battery for months let alone a space for empty boxes.....
keep checking the catalogue, I do every Monday.....
Plan to buy a few plus an adaptor for my Millwaukee gear....
A genuine Millwaukee 5ah batt, is now over €200 here....and u cant post em from the UK...
last time I looked the same thing in Germany is €160 so not worth the bother either..........
wrote to the factory and the euro center to tell how disgusted I was .....never heard back from either in 3 months....
almost as cheap to buy a new tool with 2 batts than buy seperate batts.....
MIGHT try China now....

My Ferrex 16v impact drill (not driver) creates holes in brick about twice as fast as my Hitachi mains impact drill.

I seem to recall reading that parkside ie Lidl was owned by einhell.
wouldn't be suprised if einhell also made bits for parkside, I know lidl have sold kwb (aka einhell) dowel jigs before now. However I think parkside is owned by lidl and ferrex is owned by aldi, as I'm sure I've heard both brands are in fact made by a range of manufacturers

I have a ferret impact driver.
OK until I use for anything heavy.
Still handy to have though, just don't expect to much and it will be fine.

Latest posts

Back