• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aldi Headtorch

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slavedata

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had several headtorches over the years as the technology improves. Latest from Aldi is rechargeable 2 modes spotlight or widebeam flat light. £7 whilst stock lasts. Much brighter and more useful than my current headtorch.

It does depend on usage.
1000 lumens just blinds you if you are working on the plumbing under the sink.
For bushcraft when your eyes are night adapted, the lowest setting on a 15yr old Petzl tikka is plenty.
But good colour rendition is always important....

A mate of mine has just bought one of these and despite my initial shock I was rather impressed, great angle of powerful light and you just wave your hand by the side of your head and it comes on or goes off.
LED Head Torch, USB Headlamp Rechargeable, 600 Lumens COB LED Headlight, 80g, Motion Sensor Headtorch with IPX4 Waterproof for Kids Adults, Running, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Hunting, Climbing : AmazonSmile: DIY & Tools

The only downside is if you're attacked by a wasp then you'd go off like a belisha beacon...

A mate of mine has just bought one of these and despite my initial shock I was rather impressed, great angle of powerful light and you just wave your hand by the side of your head and it comes on or goes off.
LED Head Torch, USB Headlamp Rechargeable, 600 Lumens COB LED Headlight, 80g, Motion Sensor Headtorch with IPX4 Waterproof for Kids Adults, Running, Camping, Hiking, Fishing, Hunting, Climbing : AmazonSmile: DIY & Tools

The only downside is if you're attacked by a wasp then you'd go off like a belisha beacon...
IP4X ingress protection isn't waterproof. Not even dust proof. But at least it won't have holes big enough to poke anything into :)
Reminds me of that robot in "the day the earth stood still". Retro cool (y)

Back